"I need your clothes, Your boots and Your motorcycle" - "Terminator 2" T-800 Costume

Re: "I need your clothes, Your boots and Your motorcycle" - T-800 Costume.

Arnie wore like two different belts in the film, or at least different shades of brown :)
It's all about lighting anyway.

Looking good. I have one of T2FS's belts. It's great except the treading in the middle just sits in a groove as opposed to threaded. How's yours?

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's threaded. I had mine made from a leather maker on Etsy, he did a top notch job. I did however have to strip it and make the belt brown but otherwise it's excellent.

Lucked out and found a new pair of Harley boots that are a 100% match to the ones Arnold wore in T2. My obsession with being as authentic as possible strikes again.

What were the tell-tale elements that seperate them from similar engineer boots?

The buckle is one major thing I have taken into consideration when studying them. It's rectangular and thin as you see above and the heel is higher on these than most I have looked at.

However the primary thing that sold me on tracking down and buying these particular engineer boots is being told by a friend of mine and I believe a member of these boards that these are the identical brand and style worn by Arnold in T2 as he owns a pair of screen used boots himself. That and my obsessive studying of any and all material giving me a good look at the boots worn on screen I definitely have to agree with him. Not to mention he also gave me the most vital piece of information in making a accurate T2 costume which was the brand of buckle used for the belt. So I wouldn't necessarily say there's any major elements that separate these from similar engineer boots, I just personally want my costume to be as accurate as it can possibly be.

Yeah, now you've got me wanting an Arnie belt!

Ha. Yeah I don't blame you, it's an awesome belt. I also swore to secrecy on the buckle brand and I'm fairly positive the guy who revealed it to me is a member here. I'll run it by him and see if he cares if I let you guys in on it, hate to betray his confidence considering the big help he's been for me on building this costume.

What were the tell-tale elements that seperate them from similar engineer boots?

Found this image of the actual screen used boots worn by Arnold this morning when I was searching images for refrence photo's.
. 7457424_3_l.jpg

Finally an update which is a satisfying one but not complete. My pants were shipped out to me yesterday and my M79 should arrive sometime next week. I also found a discount on a 1887 Airsoft Shotgun which allows me to wear the black shirt "Galleria" look and the grey shirt "Cyberdyne" look which was my original plan for the costume. With everything on it's way I'd say my costume is now complete, so expect some photo's in a few weeks due to the two week shipping wait for my pants. Can't wait to put the complete costume on as it's been a long and challenging project but was completely worth it.

Can't wait to all the pieces come together!

That makes two of us. Heh. Really eager to wear the complete outfit and see the final product after lots of research, hunting for the various parts of the costume some of which were made up of two different items and one of those being really rare which took quite a while to acquire and finally the parts that had to be custom made. All that and the expense of the weapons to make it 100% complete personally made the T2 costume to most challenging out of the three I've made altogether, but I believe it will be the best looking one out of the T1 and Reese costumes I previously did and without a doubt the most accurate of the three. Can't wait to let you guys have a look.

Ya gotta do lots of pushups for full 100% accuracy though.

Lots of them.

Finally got some test shots done tonight. Have to say I'm very proud of this costume.

Totally badass dude! I always marvel at the way people can get costumes so accurate like this.

Thanks man! Yeah this was a tough one to crack regarding accuracy, but it's without a doubt my proudest work yet.

What no bullet holes in the jacket?

:)

Awesome stuff!

Nice costume. If you hit the gym a bit more, that jacket would fit even better!

You should be proud! Now you only need a nice manequin to display it
Congrats

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back