I need help making a Robin costume

A little bit of Photoshop magic and here's a mockup of what you're thinking.

15230-robin-black-pleather.jpg

I'm really liking that, but I think I'll just stick to one kind of fabric for now.

Hey guys, so I really appreciate all you help with putting together a YJ Tim Drake costume, as I was testing out how the belt would work being strung through a couple shirts, I realized that I should probably just make a comic book style Tim Drake suit. I say this just because all these patterns and whatnot might be a little ambitious for my first project, and the good thing about making the comic style Tim Drake suit is that when I do want to, I can always just modify it and turn it into the YJ suit.

So all of your previous suggestions aren't going to waste, and of course I'm still open to more, but now I really just have to look at what I need.

Step one would be the actual suit.

Riceball, I really liked the mock up you did with the Cordura Nylon, but I can't seem to find anything on the internet that looks like that.

So I've decided to go with a black base with red overlays. How do you think I would be able to go about doing that? I can use those patterns for the base of it, but how would I get it to attach all the way around? Wouldn't velcro make it stretch out in certain places? Also, I think for the base I would want to go for something kind of thick, since the belt is going to be attached to the suit.
The velcro is to attach the front and back at the bottom, below the crotch-for ease of escape, as it were.

Yeah,
If you look at the pic I sent, you will see that. Then, you can wear tights underneath, and superhero undies overtop, and bathroom access is easy.

Oh wow, I would have never thought of that.
Would I need to make the shirt a little longer though?

sorry to resurrect this but I/m making an Arkham Robin and deadshot outfit and has my deadshot uses a base layer like this I'm going to spray 3 yellow pieces of velcro YELLOW and attach then as seen here. By doing this I can wear this for my baselayer for deadshot then half way through the convention I can get changed and I already have this on for my Robin outfit :)

using this top on my alternative Robin days :)

I'm thinking that would definitely work, it still just leaves me with all of the connections. It's obviously a one piece in all of the artwork, but I'm thinking two pieces would be much simpler, and a lot more practical to do, since his suit is either red with an entire black pattern covering it, or black with the entire red pattern covering it. Both of your suggestions on how to do the top seem incredibly doable thought, so thank you for that.

And the pictures are great. They really do make things easier to think about.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back