I have a Tauntaun!

3DImpact

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Today was a wonderful day that saw the delivery of three boxes full of Star Wars goodness. What could be in that BIG box?

IMG_1627_small.jpgIMG_1639_small.jpg

A few months ago I noted a posting by Richard Riley in the Project Runs section offering a couple custom builds of a life-size Tauntaun bust. A few minutes of Google research convinced me to PM him for details. This one looked too good to pass up and I am SO glad that I didn't. My Tauntaun arrived today and I couldn't be happier!

Dans_Tauntaun_019_small.jpgIMG_1646_1647_stereo_small.jpgIMG_1651_1652_stereo_small.jpg

Richard really hit this one out of the ballpark in every way. The piece is a beautiful work of art, accurate in every detail, and impressive. Most impressive - it's BIG! Well, it is life size, after all. :) Pictures really don't do it justice. Watching the jaw-dropping reactions of everyone stopping by my office today to check it out was quite entertaining. The two paired images here are cross-eyed stereo pairs.

Richard was an absolute joy to work with, providing a steady flow of unprompted progress reports and WIP pics, and hugely helpful unpacking and hanging instructions. If only every experience in the Star Wars props and replicas world could be this good.

I'm going to be enjoying this highlight of my Star Wars collection for many years...

Dan

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back