I hate ST Discovery

DarkKnight

Sr Member
one ship has an unattractive design with bridge on bottom, big holes in saucer ruining Discovery along with an unrealistic mycelium spore drive that makes no sense scientifically, no explanation why Burnham has a boys name. Yet another version of Klingons, uniforms that look like pajamas, anxiety ridden crew members that need to be fired/executed, Spock as a mentally ill weirdo, it just goes on and on, Can they kill this monstrosity and do a Mandalorian style show, mebbe Young Spock adventures or something like that.

Alright! A hate thread! More!
ok more , the phaser rifles are dumb, Burnham hair looks stupid, her acting is limited to making faces that look like you're about to cry Klingon ships look dumb, the Saru actor is a cheaper version of William Fichtner who probably wouldn't work on such garbage, the "Spock" doesn't look like Spock, he looks like some dirty Seattle hippy coffee house person, at least Quinto made an effort, they had a history to work from but had to reinvent it and make it idiotic, its a far fetched transition from Enterprise to this crap, as a matter of fact Discovery makes the Enterprise finale look like Shakespeare

I noticed last night that an episode was actually on regular CBS. Something like S1 E13 or some such. I noticed it on my tv guide, thinking it was an error, but no, it was showing there. I didn't watch it, tho.

I guess they're trying to pump up some business.

I cannot stand the lead actor and character. Her 'acting' is some sort of weird whisper-shout and she does it all the time. She's also too perfect at everything. I had hope at the start of Season 3 where she showed some vulnerability and some humility but nope, that all went away after a couple of episodes.

Having said that, I like Tilly, Stamets and Saru. It's just her who is irritating.

So, I sense that there is something you don't like about this show.

Don't sugar coat it. Let it out.

I was excited to see the first two episodes for free, and then ***NO MORE AND THEN*** the female with a guy's name nerve pinches the captain... okay, I will just wait til the ship battles come out on youtube.

I hatte Season three and all this "we love each other so much ********". Season one and two are okay. I mean If we look at TNG, DS9 and VOY in comparison, it's not half as bad as 85% of these cheesy uninspired shows and their ugly ships.

I'm really trying to give the show a chance, but whenever I stream CBS All Access, the sound cuts out...

I haven't even gotten to the point of being able to take in and digest the show's content...

Sean

the base reason this show bites is that they pulled a Kathleen Kennedy, its " The Star Trek is female", the main character is, the captain is, its all about the girl power, and its dumb, its force feeding us Rey. The original ST treated people equally, but didnt ignore differences, women didnt have to be men, Uhura was capable and beautiful and a woman, men were physically stronger than women, thats reality. Crushers a great doctor and she's a woman. The problem is writing a series with a "message" and one thats poorly done. Ridley Scott and Cameron both have strong women in their films, well written with depth, their sex is who they are yet not a message of any sort, you accept them and their story.

tkm6Ma9h.jpg

the base reason this show bites is that they pulled a Kathleen Kennedy, its " The Star Trek is female", the main character is, the captain is, its all about the girl power, and its dumb, its force feeding us Rey. The original ST treated people equally, but didnt ignore differences, women didnt have to be men, Uhura was capable and beautiful and a woman, men were physically stronger than women, thats reality. Crushers a great doctor and she's a woman. The problem is writing a series with a "message" and one thats poorly done. Ridley Scott and Cameron both have strong women in their films, well written with depth, their sex is who they are yet not a message of any sort, you accept them and their story.

I like the fact that you think we'll see a male main character or hero in any more movies. Keep hoping. How is everyone going to know how "good" a company you are if you keep having men in movies? Men are evil and should all die. Heck I'm going to just off myself right now so everyone knows I'm a "good" "right thinking" person! :lol:

Seriously I think fans of both series have proven that if you make a well written female character that we will like the character. They're just running on old stereotypes of their audience. There's a reason they brought back Seven on the Picard show! Not to mention, most ST fans assumed she was added for the T&A factor, but then the fans ended up liking her as a character.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back