I hate ST Discovery

patrickivan you are fighting the good fight here, and you are absolutely correct in everything you’ve said.

The problem is, you’re arguing with someone that is, essentially, exactly what you already know they are.

Here is a quote from him regarding ANOTHER franchise, which simply further illustrates your (extremely accurate) characterization of this individual.

I mean...how mad do you have to be that women exist to post something like this?
who are either of you to determine what another persons opinion should be? how much must you hate being a male to force yourself to watch garbage to make amends for your thought crimes, we all know that Discovery and WW84 stink, stop telling me its good to watch for my reeducation, what next I gotta watch your version of Triumph of the Will. and yeah I said incest, what's with the Spock/Michael weirdness.

Last edited:
I don't know why they are so compelled to change things so dramatically design wise. Look how TNG, DS9, ENT all had retro eps that portrayed TOS things AS THEY WERE proudly! Not running from it ashamed. Dr Who fans.... don't they keep things straight that way too?

who are either of you to determine what another persons opinion should be? how much must you hate being a male to force yourself to watch garbage to make amends for your thought crimes, we all know that Discovery and WW84 stink, stop telling me its good to watch for my reeducation, what next I gotta watch your version of Triumph of the Will. and yeah I said incest, what's us with the Spock/Michael weirdness.

Man, you JUST don't get it.

First off, I apologize for being condescending. That attitude doesn't reach anyone. But my message IS right.

Here's the dirty little secret. Read this slowly.

It's

Not

About

You.

There are plenty of shows with white male leads for you to enjoy.

You have nothing to fear in a society that doesn't hold people down for being non-white-males. You really don't.

All you have to do is this: Next time you see a show that has a bunch of women, or trans, or gay, or Black, or First Nations people in lead roles, with white males in the minority, Just pretend they're men. If the show is actually well written and entertaining, I don't think you'll care very much given enough time.

No one is forcing you to watch anything. No one is telling you what to think either. But keep this in mind. More and more people are standing up against bigotry and misogamy. And while you'll get to have your voice, if your voice includes messages of oppressing people simply because they want to EXIST with the SAME rights as you, well, there will be consequences. And some of those consequences will include your voice no longer mattering to anyone.

Just join the side of the Right. People are people, but until you recognize and truly embrace them as such, we have to give them all a strong and united voice. They need to be represented in society loud and proud.

And again. You have nothing to fear with your fellow citizens being equal to you in their right to exist.

patrickivan you are fighting the good fight here, and you are absolutely correct in everything you’ve said.

The problem is, you’re arguing with someone that is, essentially, exactly what you already know they are.

Here is a quote from him regarding ANOTHER franchise, which simply further illustrates your (extremely accurate) characterization of this individual.

I mean...how mad do you have to be that women exist to post something like this?
Ya, I try to be somewhat moderate at first. Hard in some respects, but it's the 21st century. People should know better by now. And as a white male who in general has far more advantages in life than non-whites, I consider it a responsibility to stand up against those who want to oppress people for simply being different.

It's sad that our voice is needed. But it is needed, because people who look like me, don't listen to people who don't look like me.

The Diversity Police don't care about substance, they just want their boxes checked.

I said something similar in a Dr Who thread, where people offered you a free psychiatric consult online if you didnt acknowledge that Jodie Whitacker was going to be absolutely BRILLIANT before you even saw her play the character.

Note the difference? We actually gave Discovery a try. ;)

This thread has taken a turn towards the White Fragility argument: if you didnt see the problem before, then you are actually the worst offender.

What is truly the case? That many of us were excited over the thought of a new Star Trek, but we didnt *lower* our standards for a bad written, poorly executed character based on their appearance.

We applied our standards EQUALLY.

It is sad to see people agree, that a character stinks, but then they offer *their* opinion as to why others *REALLY* dislike the character.

Someone else's opinion of what THEY think YOU think is still NOT your opinion.

If Michael had been a blonde haired, blue-eyed, awkward-shy, man named Bertha, who cried himself to sleep reading romance novels, I'd stil be ask the same question, " how the BLEEP did this person get this far?!?!? " seriously, nerve pinching the captain so you can go start a war!!!

"Gee cap, we were besties, til, like, y'know, a second ago. Night NIGHT!!!"

Forced diversity doesn't excuse crappy writing.

Great special effects tho, thanks, YouTube!

Man, you JUST don't get it.

First off, I apologize for being condescending. That attitude doesn't reach anyone. But my message IS right.

Here's the dirty little secret. Read this slowly.

It's

Not

About

You.

There are plenty of shows with white male leads for you to enjoy.

You have nothing to fear in a society that doesn't hold people down for being non-white-males. You really don't.

All you have to do is this: Next time you see a show that has a bunch of women, or trans, or gay, or Black, or First Nations people in lead roles, with white males in the minority, Just pretend they're men. If the show is actually well written and entertaining, I don't think you'll care very much given enough time.

No one is forcing you to watch anything. No one is telling you what to think either. But keep this in mind. More and more people are standing up against bigotry and misogamy. And while you'll get to have your voice, if your voice includes messages of oppressing people simply because they want to EXIST with the SAME rights as you, well, there will be consequences. And some of those consequences will include your voice no longer mattering to anyone.

Just join the side of the Right. People are people, but until you recognize and truly embrace them as such, we have to give them all a strong and united voice. They need to be represented in society loud and proud.

And again. You have nothing to fear with your fellow citizens being equal to you in their right to exist.
wrong it is about me,Im the customer, and the customer is always right, in general I dont like cgi and poorly written shows, and I hate people preaching to me. Who says Im white, Im tired of white males running around trying to rescue everyone, if you dont like being a white male take estrogen tablets and dye your skin, not my problem. maybe some of us dont need or want your "help". back to the topic at hand I suppose, Women and men are different and should be written differently so are aliens. Remember no Vulcans are allowed to be starship captains. (Discrimination!) Imagine Spock dealing with the Ocmapa, prime directive, bye bitches. or Kirk, here's some phaser rifles photon torpedoes and some shuttles, we're goin home, but Janeway had to save the Ocampa.
As for Disc season 3 , Greens over the top acting continues, she freaks out because a thousand years in the future Starfleet is gone? yeah Im sure my employer is gonna be gone in 1000 years, I'll get a job elsewhere. People pay a lot for antiques? no they dont ever try selling beanie baby lately?

Last edited:
I was excited at first as they were promising something canon, my posts are here somewhere back then showing that, but they derailed it early and it wasn't about some race or politics thing. It was about canon, depicting core principals of a leveled up humanity and optimistic vision of space exploration that Trek is supposed to be.

The Diversity Police don't care about substance, they just want their boxes checked.

I said something similar in a Dr Who thread, where people offered you a free psychiatric consult online if you didnt acknowledge that Jodie Whitacker was going to be absolutely BRILLIANT before you even saw her play the character.

Note the difference? We actually gave Discovery a try. ;)

This thread has taken a turn towards the White Fragility argument: if you didnt see the problem before, then you are actually the worst offender.

What is truly the case? That many of us were excited over the thought of a new Star Trek, but we didnt *lower* our standards for a bad written, poorly executed character based on their appearance.

We applied our standards EQUALLY.

It is sad to see people agree, that a character stinks, but then they offer *their* opinion as to why others *REALLY* dislike the character.

Someone else's opinion of what THEY think YOU think is still NOT your opinion.

If Michael had been a blonde haired, blue-eyed, awkward-shy, man named Bertha, who cried himself to sleep reading romance novels, I'd stil be ask the same question, " how the BLEEP did this person get this far?!?!? " seriously, nerve pinching the captain so you can go start a war!!!

"Gee cap, we were besties, til, like, y'know, a second ago. Night NIGHT!!!"

Forced diversity doesn't excuse crappy writing.

Great special effects tho, thanks, YouTube!
Man, you're just all over the place here.

Stay on target!

You are kind of right about what you rambled on about here.

Bad writing and poorly executed characters doesn't help ANY show.

Hell, look at the Nick Fury movie. Strong white male lead. Good strong character. But what a ******** of a movie. Horribly writing. Horribly direction... Just a steaming pile of *********.

But then the MCU came along. Great ******* writing. Great stories. Nick Fury was reborn as a kickass character.

It's all about the writing and direction. You can have a cast of gay Latin telatubies saving the universe, and it'll WORK if the story and direction is good.

Voyager had a great ep.. "One Small Step". Voyager encounters a long lost NASA space probe.

The episode spoke my language, it spoke "Star Trek".

Seven endlessly recovering her humanity learns about why we explore even when it is not logical............

COMPUTER: Analysis in progress.
SEVEN: The Borg developed shields to get through the gravimetric currents. They intended to dissipate the anomaly from within. Perhaps we should continue their efforts.
TUVOK: It would be short-sighted to destroy it. We should study the phenomenon.
SEVEN: I didn't realise you shared this crew's penchant for exploration.
TUVOK: I am a Starfleet officer.
SEVEN: When the risks outweigh the potential gain, exploration is illogical.
TUVOK: We can't predict what we might find here, Seven. One must allow for the unexpected discovery.

It ended with some great scenes of Seven finally "getting it".

its my opinion that scenes are shot on dark sets to save money, thats another complaint I have, can someone turn on the lights? I presume cgi is cheaper than real effects, but it still seems artificial, Im watching the next episode and somehow anxiety lady cant figure out that if a settlement nearby has minerals needed to fix what is apparently the only radio on your entire starship, the answer is to go over there and get some. Somehow the Captain thinks that knowledge from the past could harm the future? how's that make any sense? if Abe Lincoln showed up at my house what dangerous knowledge might he possess? If you need dilithium and you're warp capable you cant find any, anywhere? who writes this show?

The first season was okay, and I enjoyed the second season, but we've stopped watching. After the episode, Unification III, our household has pretty much decided we're done. As people who generally enjoy the franchise (even after the JJ-Trek abominations), we will watch the new show with Pike and Number 1, but Discovery has just lost it's way for us.

I get that sometimes breaking the rules of Starfleet is necessary, but Burnham breaks rules and defies orders CONSTANTLY and rarely gets more than a token slap on the wrist, and is frequently rewarded in the end. That is just absolutely maddening to me. Unification was the last episode we watched, and, IMO, the most egregious example of this. The mental gymnastics that the characters went through to give Burnham the 'win' was just... UGH.

Last edited:
So I have to accept and in this case pay for entertainment I dont find entertaining so women can extract some kind of revenge?
You either didn't read all of his post or willfully misunderstood it. He went on to say the show sucks for all kinds of legit reasons, none of which concern diversity or whatever you want to call it. So no, you don't have to accept a sucky show. Just don't call it sucky just because there are attempts at inclusion.

:oops:***** PALOMINO!!:oops:

I remember him from Trek Cons in the 70’s!!!:D
Then you must know that his righteous fury is without equal...

123A2546-D3ED-4EB1-8A61-B1C5924E326C.jpeg

;)

Last edited:
I suppose what upsets me is the same thing I dislike about prequels and sequels, which is that me and my junior high friends could've have written better plots and characters for the shows out there

Then go do it.

Write it. Get it to a studio. Get it made.

I mean...it’s not that I’m doubting you could write anything better, it’s just that I’m doubting you could write anything better.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back