I got a Code 3 Vader TIE. Amazing!

jvasilatos

Sr Member
As someone who was really disappointed with the Code 3 Falcon because it looked like the principle research done on it was from the ERTL kit with oversized sidewalls, I have to say, I am really glad I took a chance on the Code 3 Vader TIE. I will post pictures later when my camera battery is charged, you really have to see the size of this thing to appreciate it and it is gorgeous. Not quite studio scale, but not too far off (I will photograph it next to my studio scale standard TIE kit that I am building up so you can see how big it is and how close to studio scale it is.). It is very heavy being all metal... and some of the details, like red ruby like tips to the laser cannons make this a really beautiful display piece and I sincerely believe they must have had access to the studio model for research because the proportions really do look right on (with smaller wings proportionately scaled to the cockpit unlike the old ERTL kit.)

If you are a Vader nut, this replica is really worth checking into if you are so inclined and want to spend a little money on something beautiful.

VADER00.jpg

VADER01.jpg

VADER02.jpg

VADER03.jpg

VADER04.jpg

VADER05.jpg

VADER06.jpg

VADER12.jpg

JV

Nice....I've been seriously considering getting one....it's good to see some "real world" pix to judge the scale...Thanks.

Sweet piece. I had been thinking about getting one too, that pretty much solidifies my decision. However, it may be a couple of months before I have the $$.

Very nice..

I heard it was only a little bit bigger then the AMT Vader TIE fighter, but this looks much bigger.

Can you post a pic with the cockpit window from the AMT Vader to show it's scale from the AMT?

Lynn

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369@Mar 11 2006, 11:50 AM
Very nice..

I heard it was only a little bit bigger then the AMT Vader TIE fighter, but this looks much bigger.

Can you post a pic with the cockpit  window from the AMT Vader to show it's scale from the AMT?

Lynn
[snapback]1203523[/snapback]​

I packed it back away in the protective packaging after taking those pics. But if it helps until I take it out again... that's an ERTL Vader TIE model package right behind it... I would estimate it's TWICE the size of the ERTL Tie. Also, see the pilot inside the Studio Scale Standard TIE hull in the last pic? That figure is the same size as a Hasbro action figure.

JV

It looks better than I thought it would...very nice...I am curious if it is so close to studio scale then why didn't they make it exactly studio scale? :unsure

Congratulations...what's the edition number on these?

:cheers,

Thomas

Originally posted by jvasilatos@Mar 11 2006, 07:14 PM

I packed it back away in the protective packaging after taking those pics.  But if it helps until I take it out again... that's an ERTL Vader TIE model package right behind it... I would estimate it's TWICE the size of the ERTL Tie.  Also, see the pilot inside the Studio Scale Standard TIE hull in the last pic?  That figure is the same size as a Hasbro action figure.

JV
[snapback]1203814[/snapback]​

Next time you have it out check the hull details to see how close they look to your SS TIE, I think some are the same on them both around the cockpit opening.

I can't tell, is there window glass in the window frame?
If it is, does it look seperate from the frame? if I got one, which I may, I myself would rip the glass out first thing to get the SS look to it.
Lynn

Originally posted by SithLord@Mar 11 2006, 10:55 PM
I am curious if it is so close to studio scale then why didn't they make it exactly studio scale?  :unsure
Thomas
[snapback]1203911[/snapback]​

Me too. :unsure
They did the same with the AT-ST as it only lacks around an 1-2" tops to be SS sized.
The AT-ST is a great piece, they could have made it "just" a bit bigger.

I still think this looks great and I may get one to go with my SS theme prop room.

Lynn

I absolutely love this Code 3 Tie. I've never bothered to buy any of the other Code 3 ships because they looked so "toyish". But this is the first one that looks really nice. Two small negatives....the "glass" windows in the front are so reflective to light that it makes it impossible to see Vader (which is a cool bonus) in the cockpit, and the weathering on the ship is very lightly applied.

Looking at the promo pics from Code 3, I was concerned about the ship being too blueish, but in natural light it looks perfect...

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369@Mar 12 2006, 06:41 PM
Can the glass be removed or is it a solid clear piece that has the window frame painted on?

Lynn
[snapback]1204380[/snapback]​

The frame is part of the diecast piece. The "glass" (aka see-through plastic) on the top hatch is a solid plastic piece placed under the metal hatch frame, I'm not sure about the front cockpit windows...

Just got one of these myself off ebay for $69.99 + about $20 for shipping. This thing looks great and for under a hundred bucks you can't beat it. Shipping weight is over 20 lbs. so that gives you an idea how heavy this thing is. Highly recommend getting one.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back