I can't believe you guys (Update again!)

"Customer bid on auction after clearly reading ALL of the auction rules and should have checked our
GREAT feedback in regards to these costumes. Instead, he took the word of a looney who was disatisfied
with one of our suits. "

A looney that was disatisfied i guess the pictures of there poor work where doctored by that nut job LMAO.. :lol

Legally speaking, you can have ebay pull all of his Star Wars items for not being liscenced.

Period.

I've seen it done with other items. I actually had one bidder get so pissed that he didn't win a costume item I listed, he reported just such a thing to ebay, hoping the winning bidder wouldn't get it. The joke was on him. The seller got what he paid for, even after the listing was pulled, and was very happy with the product.

Don't be afraid to beat him at his own game. Turnabout is fair play, after all. Too bad we can't find out who his supplier is and cut off his supply of FX armor as well. I'd like to see this guy get a taste of justice.

Originally posted by GeneralMayhem@Feb 24 2006, 04:40 PM
Legally speaking, you can have ebay pull all of his Star Wars items for not being liscenced. 

Period. 

I'd like to see this guy get a taste of justice.
[snapback]1192088[/snapback]​

Does going after him on the grounds that his Star Wars items are not licensed truly serve the interests of our collecting community? :confused

Originally posted by temponaut+Feb 24 2006, 03:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Feb 24 2006, 03:45 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-GeneralMayhem
@Feb 24 2006, 04:40 PM

Period. 

Does going after him on the grounds that his Star Wars items are not licensed truly serve the interests of our collecting community? :confused
[snapback]1192091[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well, if he is not an honest dealer than yes, it does serve the interests of our collecting community in my opinion.

Last thing this hobby needs is another bowjunkie.

Originally posted by DarthKahnt+Feb 24 2006, 10:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Feb 24 2006, 10:58 PM)</div>
Originally posted by temponaut@Feb 24 2006, 03:45 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-GeneralMayhem
@Feb 24 2006, 04:40 PM

Period. 

[snapback]1192091[/snapback]​

Well, if he is not an honest dealer than yes, it does serve the interests of our collecting community in my opinion.

Last thing this hobby needs is another bowjunkie.
[snapback]1192231[/snapback]​
[/b]

I agree with you that it's a good thing to identify and eliminate dishonest dealers. No question about it.

My point is, if we use "his items aren't licensed" as a principal reason for trying to shut him down, then we may end up hypocrites, if not shooting ourselves in the foot. Many of the best prop and costume replicas are produced and sold by fans who are not licensed. :)

I mean don't get me wrong. I'd never blow the horn on someone who creates peices of artwork even if they aren't lisenced... infact some of the best work is done without the proper liscence. But when it comes to people trying to put crap on the market who are dishonest and overcharge, that's when I take action.

Infact, I implore all of you to contact ebay and notify ebay of costumejunkies auctions. Let's get him OFF of ebay once and for all.

I was just looking on eBay under "Star Wars: Highest First". Costume Junkie has 2 more fo these "deluxe" Stormtrooper costumes up right now. I know posting a link is bad, so I won't.

Just don't get it why CJ doesn't get the clue that there are cheaper places to find these thing. Oh well.

Eli

Infact, I implore all of you to contact ebay and notify ebay of costumejunkies auctions. Let's get him OFF of ebay once and for all.

Very bad advice IMO, if you start something like this, it could spell the end of all unlicensed replicas on ebay. Not a good idea at all. People should really try to think about the consequences of their actions. This kind of lynch mob mentality is not good.

Originally posted by The Dark Side@Feb 24 2006, 01:12 PM

Very bad advice IMO, if you start something like this, it could spell the end of all unlicensed replicas on ebay. Not a good idea at all. People should really try to think about the consequences of their actions. This kind of lynch mob mentality is not good.
[snapback]1192447[/snapback]​

Agreed 110%...the "shotgun" approach isn't a good one. Otherwise, you will see all unlicensed props disappear from ebay and elsewhere...

Stop communcation, let karma deal with him and his selling practices. Who knows what kind of can of worms will be opened by fanning flames on unlicensed props. Let it be..

Originally posted by GeneralMayhem@Feb 24 2006, 01:48 PM
All right then, how do you propose we deal with him?  Or do you think ignoring the problem will make it go away?
[snapback]1192489[/snapback]​

As Mechinyun said....some stones are best left unturned.....what goes around comes around. Pick your battles for the benefit of the hobby as a whole. Mega seems to have gotten out of his predicament relatively unscathed...may get a negative feedback. But calling out the unwanted attention from you know who is probably the worst thing to do....

I'm all for not laying the hammer down on this guy. lest we all throw are selfs to the wolfs. We also have to take in to a count that i'm sure alot of memebers have red this post and are now aware of C.J's dealing and i am sure that many more people that are not members of the RPF have aslo read this post, and now know to keep away from C.Js work we have done more then enough to save people money by keeping them informed of bad dealing's i had been reading on the r.p.f for about a year befor i joined.
So keep that mind also

All righty. Karma will take control this situation. As you can see I have good idea's but I don't always think about the long run :confused

But I'll personally see if I can't get CJ into trouble without the RPF or anyone else feeling the ripples.

Actually no. I'm not going for Storm Trooper anymore. I'm going for Scout Trooper. I ordered everything I could from some one who is trusted not only through THIS community, but someone who is trusted though the biker scout community as well. I would mention the name but it seems "taboo" or something. So if you're interested, shoot me a PM. And no it's not CostumeJunkie. :)

"Your eBay strike has been removed for Item# 7588648079

Dear bot-hunter,

Thank you for contacting eBay concerning the Unpaid Item Strike you received.

After reviewing all of the information provided about the item 7588648079DELUXE STORMTROOPER ARMOR COSTUME COMPLETE STAR WARS the Unpaid Item strike has been removed from your account

This action only applies to this particular transaction. Other strikes could still negatively affect your account. Remember, repeated Unpaid Item Strikes may result in your suspension from eBay. We recommend you save any documentation regarding your transactions for future reference. You can read about the online appeals process at the following web address:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/appeal-upi.html

To help ensure success in future transactions we would like to provide you with a few tips for successful buying on eBay. To see tips, please visit the following web address:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/non-payment.html"

Brian from Family Guy "In you're FUC*ING FACE MOTHER FUC*ER."

I never thought I'd see the day where eBay comes to the rescue.

Looks like Satan skates to work today. :lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back