I can't believe you guys (Update again!)

Yeah, really. He keeps telling me that he's going to sic ebay on me. Oh my god. Not that. One offence. Oh my dear lord ebay's going to come to my house and hang me by the neck.

Does "selling 1000's of Stormtrooper armor in our long carreer in the business" sound like the fast track to a C&D to anyone else here?

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, it's not like I'm buying (I'm about 5 hours behind you folks; only 1 AM here :p ). Besides, I'd like to think that I'm more than handy enough to assemble my own suit. Might even have to pay myself the extra cash, too. :)

You'd just think that most people would know better by now. The squeaky wheel tends to get greased. heh.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, as there were just too many posts for me to read. But man, all he has to do is fill out an ebay non-payment form, saying that both the seller & buyer agreed not to go through with the auction. All of his fees will be reversed. If he can't do even that, he's either an idiot, or he's trying to get what $$ he can, out of you.
Tell him to fill out the form. In fact, you can probably just do it on your end. Go to your ebay, and click the option, from the pull down menu, on that auction's line (in your won items catagory). That's if it's there, for you to do. I'm not sure if it's the seller that needs to initiate the process.

You can always argue that he doesn't provide what he advertizes. I seem to recall him advertizing he does all his own work, and he assembles your armour so it's ready to wear? You would say that when you found out that he's lying about his products, you decided not to go with him.

"ALSO, PLEASE DON'T CONFUSE US WITH RESELLERS OF OUR PRODUCTS OR COPY CAT SELLERS ....."

Unless costumejunkie is pulling FX molds himself, he is reselling a product.

Originally posted by SITHcamaro@Feb 20 2006, 01:59 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up yet, as there were just too many posts for me to read. But man, all he has to do is fill out an ebay non-payment form, saying that both the seller & buyer agreed not to go through with the auction. All of his fees will be reversed. If he can't do even that, he's either an idiot, or he's trying to get what $$ he can, out of you.
Tell him to fill out the form. In fact, you can probably just do it on your end. Go to your ebay, and click the option, from the pull down menu, on that auction's line (in your won items catagory). That's if it's there, for you to do. I'm not sure if it's the seller that needs to initiate the process.
[snapback]1188734[/snapback]​

Great point. I forgot about that option.

Originally posted by FETTCLONE@Feb 20 2006, 12:23 AM
Does "selling 1000's of Stormtrooper armor in our long carreer in the business" sound like the fast track to a C&D to anyone else here?
[snapback]1188710[/snapback]​

Yup...that's what I was thinkin'......

While I looked into seeing if I could fill out the "non payment" thing. I apperently don't have that option. But I know the seller does. I went looking for it and I couldn't find it (after a good hour looking for it) I did however inform ebay that he wasn't telling the truth with his auctions and that I refuse to pay for it.

On another note, I have some chewy goodness e-mail for all of you to read. Its funny, I am getting so excited to see what he has to tell me in his e-mails...

Costumejunkie: We haven't sent ONE nasty email and we've kept every email you've sent us for Ebay's investigation. Owning a small business and being the only
employee, I just don't understand how someone can enter into a contract by
bidding, read the auction rules of payment, and then cancel. I guess that's
what Ebay security is for. We'll leave it up to them. On the 23rd we'll be
able to file a NON-Paying alert with Ebay and let them take over. I honestly
don't have time to deal with non-paying bidders when our auction rules are
clearly listed in the auction.

Me: If you say so.

Another email from me: You know I was looking into it today. All you have to do is fill out a non-payment form. Saying that the seller and bidder have decided not to go through with the auction and all your fee's will be reversed (Meaning you're not out any money). If you can't do that, then I'm sorry you apperently don't want your money back, or you're trying to squeeze it out of me.

Originally posted by Mega Gigan@Feb 20 2006, 11:33 AM
Another email from me: You know I was looking into it today. All you have to do is fill out a non-payment form. Saying that the seller and bidder have decided not to go through with the auction and all your fee's will be reversed (Meaning you're not out any money). If you can't do that, then I'm sorry you apperently don't want your money back, or you're trying to squeeze it out of me.
[snapback]1188901[/snapback]​

If he won't do that for you I'd hit him with a negative fb. Just my opinion.

I'm glad you stuck to your guns with Costume Junkie. A few months ago I was like you, anxious to get a suit of armor. Also, apparently like you :) , I am larger than the movie accurate stormtrooper actor. CostumeJunkie was the only one who told me what I wanted to hear. Other armor vendors told me forthright that their stuff would not fit me. CJ promised that it would only take a few shims in the thighs and calves and his stuff could fit anybody. In addition I was drawn to CJ's listing by the fact he seems to offer a "ready-to-wear" suit, something I was looking for cuz I do not have the time or tools to trim and prep some plastic for wearing.

I also did my research and found Danny Choo's site and actually left him feedback thanking him for posting this public information. I then sent CostumeJunkie an email explaining to him that I felt deceived by the information he was offering, and that I figured I would be in the same boat as Danny Choo. I never bid on an auction, but I was going to, and I told him as much, that he needed to seriously clarify his auctions or he would risk alienating a lot of buyers. Of course his "honey" turned to "venom" and all of a sudden I didn't know what I was talking about. I think I just deleted his drivel and went on with my life.

To the OP, Ebay could care less about individual transactions, and like previous posters said, he can get his listing fee back. He was dumb to turn down the offer of the listing fee, cuz he would have recieved something for nothing.

Haha... Get this...

Him: Squeeze money out of you ??

You failed to fulfill your end of a contract and you sound as if WE are
trying to pull one over on you. You've got to be kidding ....

Me: OK, cool.

He apperently doesn't know what "nasty e-mails" are. I try helping him and he's all like "Contract contract, you suck, contract MONEY contract"

Gee if I didn't know any better, it sounds like Costume Junkie is more interested in the cash than good customer relations, satisfaction, etc. etc. /sarcasm

I think that as a rule we should avoid any sellers who use -Junkie in their handle

Costume Junkie should be one to talk about backing out of deals...

I realize that most of you here don't really know me yet, as I've only been on the RPF board since December, but I thought it was time I shared my experience. So please consider this as a way of introducing myself, and to tell you all how I came to be in such good company I now find myself in.

I've been a costume and prop fan since I was old enough to build that first Star Trek exploration kit (the one with the kid size phaser, tricorder, and communicator) back in the day, and my mother taught me how to sew that classic starfleet uniform on her single stitch, barely electric sewing machine. I've poured over the pages of the fanzines, taught myself obscure special effects secrets, and haunted the occaisional convention over the years, but never took that next step to make my hobby into a full fledged career. Until last spring.

When I first got started in the business of being a full time costumer, I was just getting my feet wet selling pieces that I had previously made only for myself as a hobby. I sold one of my Lord of the Rings armor sets on Ebay to pay for my dearly departed dog's vet bills. This attracted the attention of a few devoted fans and surprised collectors who luckily saved the day, and allowed me to get my bills paid, while helping me to realize that people would actually pay for something I enjoyed doing.

Tha auction also attracted the attention of the afore mentioned Costume Junkie, who wrote to me repeatedly, asking me to turn out multiple copies, indicating that he would happily sell as many sets of armor as I could produce. Taking a leap of faith (one I will remember for the rest of my life), I went on the assumption that since he had an established site of his own, I could count on his word and expect him to follow through with his written offer, and quit my safe, mundane job of many years to become a full-time costume and prop builder.

After talking me down to little over half my established price for the set, I agreed to produce the first 2 sets for him to be paid for and delivered in short order, with more sets to follow on a regular basis. The sets were made as agreed, and I contacted him for payment. Suddenly my e-mails were met with responses much like the stock e-mails we've seen posted in this thread. Excuses, followed by delays, finally concluding by having him tell me that he was making a lot of money from the fan response from Star Wars Episode III selling Star Wars items, and he wouldn't be needing the armor after all.

Needless to say, I was stunned. Speechless.

Luckily, he turned out not to be the only person who was interested in the armor. Faced with impending bills, and with no other means of support, I again sold my armor on ebay. For over twice what Costume Junkie had promised. Once again, I had prevailed, through sheer stubbornness, and I managed to make ends meet that first month on my own. Almost a year later, I have an established website, and a growing list of clients, and my life has never been the same.

And that's how I came to be here today.

It's where I've always wanted to be...

:D

~ Steve

(A.K.A. General Mayhem)

True. He's still hoping you'll pay for the item. Just stop talking to him and he'll go away. Think of him as a bratty kid. To him negative attention is still attention. Stop giving it to him and he'll lose interest.

Sadly, I did that, but now he's telling mommy... (read from bottom to up) Oh and I'm purposly trying to play the "You're not supposed to be selling it" card to get him in trouble and hopfully rid him from Ebay so he can't sell crap to people who dont know any better.

bot-hunter Feb-23-06 at 21:09:26 PST

I didn't know Ebay could give you back time... Anyway, you have failed to acknowledge the fact that
you shouldn't be selling or producing this armor for a profit.

costumejunkie Feb-23-06 at 20:48:18 PST

Great, but you bought netierh Goods or Services, instead you've wasted our time and money that we now
have to file with Ebay to get back.

bot-hunter Feb-23-06 at 18:47:59 PST

Customer service applies to potentional customers as well. And I'll have you know that the dictionary
clearly defines a customer as "One that buys goods or services".

costumejunkie Feb-23-06 at 18:44:46 PST

You don't receive customer service if you're clearly NOT a customer. What Ebay bidders are NOT suppose
to be ..

bot-hunter Feb-23-06 at 18:43:52 PST

Apprently knows nothing about customer serivce. Technically shouldn't even be SELLING this item. Does
not have proper lisences to produce this type of goods. Only found out AFTER clicked "buy it now"

costumejunkie Feb-23-06 at 18:39:17 PST

Customer bid on auction after clearly reading ALL of the auction rules and should have checked our
GREAT feedback in regards to these costumes. Instead, he took the word of a looney who was disatisfied
with one of our suits.

eBay Feb-23-06 at 18:38:17 PST

An Unpaid Item dispute has been opened for the following item: DELUXE STORMTROOPER ARMOR COSTUME COMPLETE STAR WARS (#7588648079)
Reason given for Unpaid Item: The buyer has not paid for the item.
Buyer actions reported by seller: The buyer's payment has not been received.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back