I can't believe you guys (Update again!)

I have to agree with the others. If you want to be a stormtrooper, be a stormtrooper. Don't compromise your dreams because of the possibility of ridicule or finger pointing. Every trooper you see got out of bed that morning and decided to wear a plastic suit in public (meant in a good way, folks). That alone opens you up to a certain amount of jeering. At the same time, these guys are also getting a lot of very positive pointing and attention. This is the flip side of the coin. Some people will call your costume stupid, and other times you'll brighten up someone else's day.

When I dressed as Han Solo at Celebration III a little boy ran up to me and asked if he could hold my blaster. I just unslung it and handed it over. The smile on that kid's face made the whole costume worth it. He didn't say "you don't look like Han Solo" or "your hair's the wrong colour". He was just really happy to be Han Solo for a couple minutes. That alone makes up for any amount of people who could tell me I don't look the part.

"That's all I have to say about that..." :D

Originally posted by FETTCLONE@Feb 18 2006, 03:08 AM
a little boy ran up to me and asked if he could hold my blaster.  I just unslung it and handed it over.  The smile on that kid's face made the whole costume worth it. 
Very cool story. Thanks for posting that. :thumbsup

{EDIT} Gotta love the juxtaposition of our avatars. :D

Originally posted by Mega Gigan@Feb 17 2006, 10:09 AM
Someone PMed me about that Armor. I'm VERY interested in it. He could only point me to a thread, but if someone has information about it, I would thank them very much. Anyone?
[snapback]1186840[/snapback]​

I have a deposit on a set. Still waiting in line for it to be ready, but all accounts say it's excellent armor, and the guy is very nice to deal with.

Originally posted by GeneralMayhem+Feb 17 2006, 02:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ Feb 17 2006, 02:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mega Gigan
@Feb 17 2006, 10:09 AM
Someone PMed me about that Armor. I'm VERY interested in it. He could only point me to a thread, but if someone has information about it, I would thank them very much. Anyone?
[snapback]1186840[/snapback]​

I have a deposit on a set. Still waiting in line for it to be ready, but all accounts say it's excellent armor, and the guy is very nice to deal with.
[snapback]1187101[/snapback]​
[/b]

I HIGHLY recommend AP's armor......excellent kit and fantastic seller. I'm in the middle of clean up of the kit. Very thick ABS = a lot of crap flying about. :p

But this is going to be a fantastic set of armor when I'm done. And I couldn't have asked for a better guy to deal with.

A combination of tools......Stanley General Purpose straight blade snips ( good for large, thick pieces - i.e. chest, back plate, etc..), utility scissors (perfect for ear pieces, hand plates where precision is required), and a Dremel with a cut off wheel (good for anywhere that you have the balls to use it...be VERY careful.....especially in the eye sockets).

I then sand the rough edges with a straight file, then either fine grit sandpaper or emery boards. There were large emery boards on sale (50 for $1) at Home Depot...so I bought 10 packages. I go through them like water, but I find that they do a fantastic job of a nice clean finished edge. Then finally a quick buff with Novus to get rid of any fine scratches....

Well, that does it. I'm springing for a scout trooper suit. I know who to go to about this, he is trusted around here. All I'm going to say (without giving away too much) is that this guy practically harvest's this stuff...

But I know I'm going to be happy with this choice. I've ALWAYS like Scout Troopers. I want to give everyone who helped me a big shout and a thanks for saving my dumb ass though.

Could someone drop me a PM about the AP armor? I'm a bit out of the loop, and I'm looking to replace my AFX suit. :)

I think AP is well worth the extra money to get a more accurate looking set of armour, but only if it fits you. ;) I'm 5'10" and 140lbs. This armour fits me perfectly (with a little padding in the biseps to prevent them from rattling around).

The helmet is also a lot smaller than the FX. I don't have any electronics in my bucket but I have room for them. But even with the extra room, I have to turn my head sideways to put it on.

Goodluck with whatever you decide to do. B)

Originally posted by FETTCLONE@Feb 17 2006, 02:08 PM
When I dressed as Han Solo at Celebration III a little boy ran up to me and asked if he could hold my blaster.  I just unslung it and handed it over.  The smile on that kid's face made the whole costume worth it.

"That's all I have to say about that..." :D
[snapback]1187020[/snapback]​

aww, u r so cool, that almost makes me cry, maybe something doesnt work cuz i am only 12 years old...but a sentimental 12 year old...

i like the forest gump reference

RUN FOREST RUN.

Originally posted by Star Wars Man@Feb 18 2006, 10:09 PM
and did you get the armor yet? (question to the guy who bought it from costume junkie who ;made the thread)
[snapback]1188001[/snapback]​

He is not getting it now. He decided to go with Scout Trooper armor from someone else.

Well, I gots an update...

"First off, reading something on the Replica board isn't fact it's just
opinion. We had ONE customer over the last 5 years not like the ARMOR FX
armor we sell. It's not our fault, just part of selling 1000's of
Stormtrooper armor in our long carreer in the business. If you DO decide not
to go through with the auction, we will do what we ALWAYS do. File a
complaint with Ebay, have them get our $$ that we paid to place the auction
AND the final value FEE we have to pay (about $50.00) AND then give you
negative feedback. It's never been our intentions to mislead people or even
to give Negative feedback on Ebay but the auction was VERY VERY clear about
payment and getting negative feedback for NON-PAYMENT. So far, we've done
everything professionally, running the auction, showing correct pictures,
and contacting you for sizes and payment. If you decide to NOT go through
with the auction, that is your choice but it has NOTHING to do with our
reputation or quality of work. You've just merely chosen to take 1 out of
1000's word on our product and workmanship. We expect to hear from you soon
about either Payment or non-payment."

Then two seconds later...

"Aso, the customer Danny Choo, I emailed him after reading his website and
rebutted what he said. He didn't have much to say after he found that his
statements and proof are either false or horribly confused. If you check our
EBAY feedback you'll see that we have 1075 POSITIVE feedback and 11 negative
feedback. Only 2 of the negative feedback are from Stormtrooper suits. ONE
from Danny Choo who waited 4 WEEKS to pay for his shipping. What he fails to
mention is that he DIDN'T pay for shipping when we started his order. THEN
he wanted it to go USPS Global EMS and after we got him a shipping rate he
THEN paid for the shipping and we then shipped out the suit. He also made
mention to the actual armor itself. The armor is made by ARMOR FX and they
sell to 99% of the troopers out there so to complain about the suit
manufacturer just shows that you can't please 100% of the people but we try
damn hard to please the ones that are reasonable.

Please contact me immediately as the auction has to be paid by Feb 21st (5
days after auction close).

Please don't let one upset person stop you from getting this very nice
package .. I put a lot of hard work and sweat into creating these full DLX
suits for my customers."

My question is, would I really owe him ANY money?

Notice in the emails about the previous purchase, he doesn't mention the unresponsive email communications on his part with regard to the customer, or the tall tales regarding why the suit wasn't ready for shipment. As usual with COSTUME JUNKIE, nothing but smoke and mirrors...

In all honesty, as a fellow Ebayer, even though I think the guy is a complete shuyster, I believe that yes, he has a right to have you pay for his fees on a listing that you renegged on. But better that, than paying for a crappy overpriced suit you don't want. No?

Just my 2 cents.

~ GM

Even if you do owe the money, take it as a learning experiance. You spent $50 to learn a lesson instead of $1700. Heck of a deal if you ask me. :thumbsup

Believe me, I'd be willing to pay $50 for the lesson (Thanks Professor Experience.) but I don't think Ebay will charge me. I guess I'll go along and wait to see if EBAY charges me for the listing.

My e-mail to him...

"Well, I'm sorry to say that my trust in the RPF is close. So I won't be sending you the money. Again, I'm more then willing to take a negitive hit. I also found someone close to me who has armor for sale at a MUCH cheaper rate and I can see it before purchasing it. I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

I'll be leaving you Neutral feedback. Why? In hopes of you leaving me neutral? No... because it was MY mistake, I was wrong and I'm willing to admit that. I hope your future dealings go smoothly.

Joey Riley."

I'll be honest, I don't know anyone in my area who is selling me armor. I just didn't want to mention other people I could get armor from. Or else he'd be like "Well, he sucks, I'm teh greatest."

edit for more e-mail...

His thoughts on my e-mail...

"If I don't take any action with Ebay I'm out over $60.00 for you NOT paying.
Therefore we'll go through the Ebay process which is notify them of a
Non-paying bidder, file a negative feedback, and assist Ebay in whatever
they need for the investigation. We hate to do this but you HAD to have read
the warning about not paying and you entered into a contract when you bid on
our item. It's a free country and we hope people can at least honor when
they sign into a contract with us to purchase an item and then refuse to pay
because of something you read on the RPF. Yet another reason we don't
associate with the RPF. We're adults and act as such and it seems that the
only time the RPF has anything to say is when it's bad. We're sorry you have
decided to break the Ebay contract by not paying but you really leave us no
choice in the matter."

my reply...

"OK, that's fine. Even though you've seemed to change the price on how much your out twice. Not only that but you can always resubmit something on ebay for free if the sale goes unbid or of you file a claim (Edit, I thought you could, apperenlty that's not true about a non payment bidder). So, I don't know why you're complaining. I myself will tell ebay what's happened here. I'm not scared of getting one negitive feedback. I'm more then willing to take the hit as I said. "

His kind words...

"No, you can't resubmit something if the seller doesn't go through with
payment. Not sure where you're getting that ?? I haven't changed the price.
I said the FINAL VALUE fee we are charged is about $50.00 and the total
listing FEE we get charged when the auction is first listed is about $10.00.
I'm not the dishonest one here. I posted the same auction we ALWAYS post and
you used the BUY IT NOW. Not the other way around. And you decided to cancel
the sale, not us."

My response...

"OK, that's fine. I never said you were dishonest. I said it "seems" you changed the price twice. Again, I apologized for wasting your time. You can continue to send me nasty e-mails. I already said it's my fault and I was in the wrong. You can clearly see I'm not going to pay. So go ahead and leave the negitive feedback all ready. I'm not stopping you. "

I think he's trying to pressure me into still buying it. Can we say that honey attracts more bee's?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back