I can't believe you guys (Update again!)

Originally posted by DarthKahnt+Feb 17 2006, 02:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Feb 17 2006, 02:57 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mega Gigan
@Feb 16 2006, 10:39 PM
Wait, wait. I just thought of something, I haven't paied him yet. I was waiting until the money was transferred into the bank account. I can STILL get out of this with my money (maybe one bad feedback) but that's it. Should I do it?
[snapback]1186550[/snapback]​

After reading everything that everyone here has said, tell me what you think is the best thing to do? :angel
[snapback]1186568[/snapback]​
[/b]

If I were you I would get a kit of Armor FX for $500, or I'd get a kit of AP ABS80 armor (movie sized) for $850, or you can splurge like you were going to and buy my TE suit which is going to be sold to fund my 3CCD digital camera purchase. :D

I am going to sell my TE at some point but given the rarity of them at the moment, I dont think it would go cheap. Those other options would be awesome for you though, and you'd save so much dough. What do you think?
Bottom line is dont buy from the jerk on ebay. I haven't been scammed, thank god, because of the great guys on this board. They look out for eachother.

An Armor FX suit would fit you best i'm sure, but for the sake of all that is holy, please opt for a more accurate helmet. Maybe the Authentic Props or Meatsock helmet if you are going to go the FX route. Why does the helmet matter so much? The helmet is the core of the personality of the character. I really think a more accurate helmet makes all the difference in the world.

Josh

Well, I know that people do look horrid as troopers when they are overweight. Yes, I would be right to say, I'm a little overweight, but I know this suit will motivate me to shed some of it. Have I lost it yet? No, but I'm getting there. What's wrong with a incentive.

Frankly, I don't care if you guys give me your honest thoughts about it. I mean you saved me from throwing away almost 2k, I'm freeling pretty trusting of the RPF now. What I am thinking about doing is going for the Scout Trooper only because I do know where to get that and I would be more then happy to dish out the cash from my TRUSTED source (I've been refered to him MANY times for a Scout Trooper costume)

So let's check things off.

Not getting the crappy ebay armor
taking a hit on the ebay account
Mega Gigan is FAT. :lol
He's workin on it.
Any leads to good armor is helpful (of any kind)

Originally posted by Mega Gigan@Feb 17 2006, 06:57 PM
What I am thinking about doing is going for the Scout Trooper only because I do know where to get that and I would be more then happy to dish out the cash from my TRUSTED source (I've been refered to him MANY times for a Scout Trooper costume)

Sounds as if you already have a trusted source for your armor, but here's a lead in any case: Kropserkel.

Kropserkel Scout Trooper

The gentleman behind Kropserkel is a longtime fellow RPFer. He's not only skilled, but very communicative. I'm sure he would be happy to discuss your armor needs with you. I don't have first-hand experience with his Scout rig, but do have a helmet on order. I also have one of his fiberglass Hannibal Lecter Restraint Muzzles, and it's terrific. :)

Originally posted by Mega Gigan@Feb 17 2006, 09:57 AM
Well, I know that people do look horrid as troopers when they are overweight. Yes, I would be right to say, I'm a little overweight, but I know this suit will motivate me to shed some of it. Have I lost it yet? No, but I'm getting there. What's wrong with a incentive.

Frankly, I don't care if you guys give me your honest thoughts about it. I mean you saved me from throwing away almost 2k, I'm freeling pretty trusting of the RPF now. What I am thinking about doing is going for the Scout Trooper only because I do know where to get that and I would be more then happy to dish out the cash from my TRUSTED source (I've been refered to him MANY times for a Scout Trooper costume)

So let's check things off.

Not getting the crappy ebay armor
taking a hit on the ebay account
Mega Gigan is FAT.  :lol
He's workin on it.
[snapback]1186771[/snapback]​
Hi mate, have you cancelled your order yet and if so has he left you neg feedback?

He hasn't left me negitive feedback yet. I sent him this e-mail today...

"Hey there Costumejunkie. Listen. I just got wind of your past dealings with people and this Storm Trooper armor... I'm not liking what I'm hearing. So let's see if we can't work this out.

Option one: We both bow our heads and duck out of this. No feedback on each other, no transaction. No NOTHING.

Option two: You can just give me the bad feedback and be on your way. Because I spoke to the Replica Prop Forum and I also found http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng/198/COSTUMEJUNKIE/ and I don't like it one bit.

Think about it... do you want more negitive feedback? (I'm WAY more then willing to take a hit) or should we just call it a day and you can find someone else to buy the armor?"

Originally posted by Mega Gigan@Feb 17 2006, 07:35 PM
Think about it... do you want more negitive feedback?
The problem is, you're not reasonably in a position to leave this guy negative feedback. He hasn't done anything to you (yet). I'm not defending him and I don't like what he did to some of his buyers in the past. On the other hand, he seems to have his share of positive feedback, too. My point is, you entered into a legal contract with him when you bid on and won his auction. When you back out now, he becomes the "injured" party, not you. To be blunt, you should have checked with the RPF before you bid. On what grounds would you leave him a neg at this point? "I heard bad things about you"?

I hope he'll accept your suggestion of bowing out gracefully, no harm, no foul. But if he leaves you a neg and you reciprocate, you'll be leaving yours out of spite.

If he does leave you a neg, take the hit, leave him a neutral, and do your research in advance next time.

Originally posted by tgreco@Feb 16 2006, 09:50 PM
THIS SUIT IS WORN BY 95% OF TROOPERS

THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE COSTUME ...

ALSO, PLEASE DON'T CONFUSE US WITH RESELLERS OF OUR PRODUCTS OR COPY CAT SELLERS .....

WE'VE HAD PROBLEMS WITH OTHER COPY CAT SELLERS INTERFERING WITH OUR BIDDERS SO ALL BIDDERS BIDS WILL NOW BE PRIVATE AND PROTECTED. SAVE $100.00'S OR POSSIBLY $1000.00'S AND GO WITH THE EXPERTS.

[snapback]1186527[/snapback]​

Notice once again, he's claiming that his products are original, when you can clearly see on his site that he's just buying other people's merchandise, marking it up, and reselling it for a huge profit. It might be profitable, but at least be honest about what you do or do not create with your own hands. I wonder if his suppliers realize that he claims their work as his own?

Originally posted by temponaut+Feb 17 2006, 06:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Feb 17 2006, 06:46 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mega Gigan
@Feb 17 2006, 07:35 PM
Think about it... do you want more negitive feedback?
The problem is, you're not reasonably in a position to leave this guy negative feedback. He hasn't done anything to you (yet). I'm not defending him and I don't like what he did to some of his buyers in the past. On the other hand, he seems to have his share of positive feedback, too. My point is, you entered into a legal contract with him when you bid on and won his auction. When you back out now, he becomes the "injured" party, not you. To be blunt, you should have checked with the RPF before you bid. On what grounds would you leave him a neg at this point? "I heard bad things about you"?

I hope he'll accept your suggestion of bowing out gracefully, no harm, no foul. But if he leaves you a neg and you reciprocate, you'll be leaving yours out of spite.

If he does leave you a neg, take the hit, leave him a neutral, and do your research in advance next time.
[snapback]1186783[/snapback]​
[/b]

Oh I fully understand that. I never claimed that I was in the right. I know either way Im probably going to take a hit on the ebay account. I EXCEPT that. I know it was foolish of me.

Now, let's move on from me being super ratarded. :)

Originally posted by Mega Gigan@Feb 17 2006, 08:49 PM
I never claimed that I was in the right. I know either way Im probably going to take a hit on the ebay account. I EXCEPT that. I know it was foolish of me.

I just thought it might have been wiser to take a less aggressive stance with him, especially since in this case you are technically in the wrong. Reneging on your contract and then threatening him with negative feedback is the old "insult to injury." You might have had a better chance of getting what you want with a softer approach, at least for the initial contact.

I'll be interested to hear how he responds. My fingers are crossed for ya. :)

It most likely came off harder then I meant it. I mean I'll say it upfront, yes I was wrong. That's the case in point. But I'm a richer and wiser wrong person. I'll let you guys know how everything works out though.

Originally posted by Mega Gigan@Feb 17 2006, 08:15 AM
It most likely came off harder then I meant it. I mean I'll say it upfront, yes I was wrong. That's the case in point. But I'm a richer and wiser wrong person. I'll let you guys know how everything works out though.
[snapback]1186800[/snapback]​

Yes, a richer and wiser person for sure.

There seems to be a lot of this questionable seeling going on in the prop/costuming community recently. It needs to stop.

Here's hoping for the best Gigan.

Originally posted by Mega Gigan@Feb 16 2006, 10:06 PM
Thank you guys so FRUCKING much. I'll just take a hit at the ol' ebay account. Thanks guys... now can anyone guide me to a GOOD stormtrooper suit?
[snapback]1186574[/snapback]​
If i where you i would try and get my hands on some AP armor i hear wonderful things.
i think it's some where around 700 to 800 but well worth it from what i hear it's close to being spot on. I dont know who to talk to to get it but ask around the bored i am sure someone knows better then me. :D

Someone PMed me about that Armor. I'm VERY interested in it. He could only point me to a thread, but if someone has information about it, I would thank them very much. Anyone?

Originally posted by LZeitgeist@Feb 17 2006, 12:58 AM
one must costume to body type, or run the risk of public ridicule/embarassment. It sucks for the rabid fan, but is a fact of life.

Don't costume to be Wedge when you're really better suited to be Porkins. Don't costume to be Leia when you're better suited to be Oola. Don't costume to be Chewbacca when you're better suited to be a Jawa.
[snapback]1186689[/snapback]​

LZeitgeist has a point about costuming to your body type.. my body type is a movie strom trooper, But when i was trooping in my vader suit with out my Muscle Suit under the vader costume... so lets just say it look like vader had been on slim fast for years :lol i was egg'ed.... took me forever to get the egg out of my damn armor.
But as long as you happy or willing to lose weight or in my case build a Full Muscle Suit :D
its all good just be ready for the worst :angry
Good luck with your costume :thumbsup

If you want to do the costume, do the custume. $%^& the opinions. You're not doing it for them anyways. If it makes you happy, those who really give a damn will be happy for you.

The moral of the story?

People should worry less about what others are doing. :lol

Originally posted by Gytheran@Feb 17 2006, 02:49 PM
If you want to do the costume, do the custume.  $%^& the opinions. You're not doing it for them anyways.  If it makes you happy, those who really give a damn will be happy for you.

I agree. ;)

PM sent

Originally posted by Mega Gigan@Feb 16 2006, 08:39 PM
Well, it looks like I screwed myself over. Ugh... Hopefully this will be a better experience then I can hope for but it's doubtful. I'll let you guys know.
[snapback]1186470[/snapback]​

2 letters you shouldve been aware about before this purchase...

and they are A.P. :unsure

Originally posted by Gytheran@Feb 17 2006, 08:49 AM
If you want to do the costume, do the custume.  $%^& the opinions. You're not doing it for them anyways.  If it makes you happy, those who really give a damn will be happy for you.
[snapback]1186859[/snapback]​

Yeah, you think I cared about all the Flak I got when people were saying..."OH your ROTJ abplate on your army makes you inaccurate as a sandtrooper". Or, "your too big to do a TE" or, "your grey pauldron is inaccurate" I DONT GIVE A FLYIN ****. Its my suit, I will do whatever the crap I want. And ya know what, when I do events or cons, I GET ALL THE ATTENTION.. So do what YOU want to do with a suit, not what OTHERS want you to do.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back