I can't believe you guys (Update again!)

Gotta love instant gratification. If that person would have done a little investigating and contacted people they wouldn't have been taken for so much.

Well, I tried putting together a clone trooper and that was just taking a painful amount of time. Frankly it's time that I don't have (This silly thing called work eats up most of my time). When I saw this I practically fell in love with it. I'll be honest, I don't know much about Storm Trooper armor, but I do know of the FX armor. So I felt safe buying it.

Maybe it could have gone for less... if I bought it in bits and peices, but would it really be the same in the end? Factor in shipping and everything else?

My fully assembled FX armor only sold for $710...wish I could've sold it for that much. I have another set, wanna buy it for $1700?

I read that blog.... horrific.

I'll never buy anything from him.

There seems to be a lot of BS going on lately with sellers (ex: Bowjunkie, Costumejunkie, SPFX, etc..)

Its sooooo sad to see this kind of stuff happening because this is such a wonderful hobby.

When I bought my Vader hard parts, it was through Ed as well. It took friggin forever to get the stuff. I got the same responses as Mega Gigan. He is very bad at putting things off for as long as possible. And the lie about a vacation?? Unbelieveable. This guy can't be trusted.

I would NEVER buy from this guy.

VFF

I've had personal dealings with this guy. I wouldn't trust him if he told me the sky was blue.

I love how his stock introductory e-mail claims in one section that he basically resells other people's products, and then in another he claims to make everything himself.

I'd laugh if it wasn't just so damn sad...

well not about trust, but 1700, u get a blaster, pauldron, speaker, fan, and snap system, body suit, boots, glove, and neck ring.

i would rather do it all myself, idk, i just dont like when other pepople do things for mme.

Originally posted by Star Wars Man@Feb 16 2006, 01:42 PM
well not about trust, but 1700, u get a blaster, pauldron, speaker, fan, and snap system, body suit, boots, glove, and neck ring.

i would rather do it all myself, idk, i just dont like when other pepople do things for mme.
[snapback]1186309[/snapback]​

I'd sell my suit with all that for $1200.

I gotta tell you, and disrespect intended, you can buy the same inaccurate Fx suit with the huge bobble-head helmet for 500.00 unbuilt. I could have built it (like so many others on the RPF) to the same standards as this guy for 200.00...and that would have included shipping it back to you fully built. Yes, I feel like you got taken. But, with that being said, if you have the money and you're comfortable and happy with your purchase, don't give it a second thought and enjoy it. :)

Originally posted by foxbatkllr+Feb 16 2006, 06:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(foxbatkllr @ Feb 16 2006, 06:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Star Wars Man
@Feb 16 2006, 01:42 PM

[snapback]1186309[/snapback]​

I'd sell my suit with all that for $1200.
[snapback]1186331[/snapback]​
[/b]

well this guy sells his for 500 more and people buy it. if i was that guy, i would keep doin it.

The only thing you can do to combat people like him is to spread the word, such as we are doing in this thread, and hope that people do research before purchasing. Its a shame that some people are not honest but what can you do?

Well, it looks like I screwed myself over. Ugh... Hopefully this will be a better experience then I can hope for but it's doubtful. I'll let you guys know.

Please don't beat yourself up about it. We've all gotten ripped before. Hopefully another member here will learn from this thread and not vastly overpay for a prop.

In the end, you'll finally have that suit of sunblock you've always wanted since you first saw them on screen. And it always could have been worse...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back