I´m looking for emperor fabric or correct robe

Very good to hear from you Brent! And I'm glad the trooper is enjoying his new digs. :) What better companion than the Emperor to oversee his flock? :lol

I'm hoping for some fabric here as well. I'll pm you with the details...

Rgs,
James

Still trying to find some correct fabric so I can fashion a hood for my new Emperor bust. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Working on it.
In the near future, there might be an interest thread for a limited set of emperor robes, and then later, a seperate one for just the hood to go with a new headsculpt.

Gino,

What kind of timeframe are you looking at for a hood and approximately how much do you think it would cost for the fabric? Please let me know as I am very interested. Thanks!!!

The material you are looking for is Waffle Weave Picque fabric. I got my two bolts for my Emperor's robe a while back at $12.00 a yard. It was already black. I found it at a fabric store here in Atlanta known as Gayle Kay fabrics. According to my sources, that is the fabric used for the Emperor's robe in ROTJ. It flows nicely, drapes well, has good weight, and is overall, a great fabric to use. My robe has a 125" hem around the bottom and 37" sleeve openings. Heck, the hood alone has a ton of fabric. The monks cloth, which is what I almost used, is good, but it's going to be a lot heavier than you need. It's going to drape heavy and that is going to get heavy on your model if you are going to costume this robe. For a display piece though, it may work. Here's a picture of my Emperor's robe with the Emperor model in it.

IMG_0118.jpg

Hard to see with the Emperor's beer gut here, but it's a good fabric.

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

I hope that helps.

Movado

Gino,

What kind of timeframe are you looking at for a hood and approximately how much do you think it would cost for the fabric? Please let me know as I am very interested. Thanks!!!

Still in the development stages, I have no idea on pricing or timeframe yet. This is a project (like many others) where I'm working with other people so I'm not always in direct control of timeframes/pricing etc...

I am in the process of having a Uber accurate emperor robe made too. My seamstress lives within a 10 minute drive so I can supervise the entire project.

Here are pics of my Emperor mannequin with Hermes version 1 robes. We have altered a couple details since these pics were taken but you can see how nice they are regardless. The ensemble consists of the full inner and outer robes and sashes. He's also throwing in the correct cloak pin at no additional charge.

001-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back