Huntress

gecko

In Short...............I find this site in 2010 and all of a sudden I have an overwhelming urge to build/paint a kit again after many many years away from this kind of art.

To ease me back in I opted to paint one of the 1/6 skulls first, using a q-tip and some tissue rather than a brush, a nice little ice breaker
skull.jpg

Next up it was time to get a bit more serious and prep her properly,after pinning and some minor fill and dremel action it was time to prime ;)
I used a can of molotow premium spray paint in a mid grey blue tone and it covered real nice.
IMAG0004.jpg

I also scratch made a replacement flap/skirt from some bits of old leather to use in place of the resin one.
skirt.jpg

leg armour painting in progress.
legarmour.jpg

I also added a few more little extras like the spear from an old figure and custom extended,the knife,the chain and the re painted canon from a P1 kit.
huntresslair.jpg

gecko.jpg
geckoshuntress.jpg

thehuntresslair.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

It looks awesome! Is the base just something you sculpted out of clay/putty?

Thanks Justin :(

I appreciated the reply mate.

The base was just something I put it on to take the pics,but I now think it will be a suitable choice of base.Its something I bought many years ago in Germany and is intended as a vivarium background, I have another one twice the size which looks totally different.
Its made from some kind of 'glass/resin fibre' like stuff (forgive my lack of moulding/casting knowledge) i'll get a pic of the underside later.

cheers...........G

I'm loving the dino on the chain as a pet for the huntress very cool :(

cheers Guan,

I love the detail on all the papo dino's and their jaw/mouth opens and closes too! the pet allosaurus was a must.
The paint apps on them are just great and could certainly teach Neca a lesson or three on decent QC issues.
fetch.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back