Huntorial: How To Make A Bio Armature

No one's making fun of you bro...of course we'd like to see more ways to make an armature. Thomas just made one, and I'd really like to see him add his pictures to this thread too ;)
Damn... sorry again for assuming too much.

I am an emotional roller coaster these past few weeks and have been really taking things a little too much to heart. I am just so frikkin' excited to get going on a sculpt and then worrying about the process and on top of that dealing with personal issues... this is one reason I want to try my hand at this. If not for a wearable prop but for a thing that I can say I made with my own two hands. Seeing everyone else busting out ridiculous talent on here is pretty nerve wracking in the sense that I am my own worst critic and I can only hope that my **** comes out even 25% as excellent as everyone else's.

I think I need med's... .

I would think you would want a thin layer of glass over whatever you covered your mask with and then once it is hardened, return to the underside of the armature and continuing laminating from underneath. This would ensure a much tighter fit to your mask. Otherwise your're just building up away from the mask and increasing the gap (The Armature edge becomes the gap). Does this make sense? Now, you may run into a problem with masking tape if you try to do it this way because, from past experience on my latest headache project, the resin doesn't bond with the masking tape and delaminates (At least Smooth-On 320 did). If you do try and glass the underside, just make sure the tape isn't delaminating. Just my two cents...

Iremove the tape first, cause i use pva mold separator over it and then i add the fiberglass,its easy to remove, i know people is asking for pics but, until i have a raw mask in my hands i cant do it, but i want to

You know, I'm not looking to make a sculpting armature for a bio helmet, but this technique would probably work pretty well for my ideas on making a base for my 1:1 Pred statue. I'm wanting to have him standing on a sort of hillock with a chunk of broken tree under one foot I can see me do something of a rough buildup with wood for the base and building up the log from this same wire sculpt method, and then just lay on strips of fiberglass and drizzling on rigid foam until it starts to look the way I want.

I got my clay today... now I feel as if I need to start right away. The anticipation is killing me.

I am now thinking that I want to sculpt a head now too... so I need to order more clay for that. I got 1/4 of a case which is 5-2lb. blocks of clay. I wasn't aware how small the blocks were. I am now going to do a little more studying into the process and may attempt a smaller 1/6 style first and move up from there. I am VERY intimidated.

You know, I'm not looking to make a sculpting armature for a bio helmet, but this technique would probably work pretty well for my ideas on making a base for my 1:1 Pred statue. I'm wanting to have him standing on a sort of hillock with a chunk of broken tree under one foot I can see me do something of a rough buildup with wood for the base and building up the log from this same wire sculpt method, and then just lay on strips of fiberglass and drizzling on rigid foam until it starts to look the way I want.

Not to digress, but I'm going to: you can use wire, wood skeleton and wire mesh to create your forms. Cover that in an absorbant fabric, like faux velvet, and paint on a couple coats of West System Epoxy Resin (Epoxy is better on the nose, though a tad more expensive and not as easy to come by). Then go back and glass the inside/foam fill (Check boat supply stores for 2-part marine foam) for further support. You could also cut insulation foam into rectangles, glue layers together, carve a basic shape and glass over that shape and refine the detailing...

I have a question here, so I needs 9-10 pounds of clay to sculpt a 1:1 bio?(the amount looks a lot to me ) I have started sculpting 1/6 scale bio and predator head, but plan to sculpt 1:1 size soon.

I don't have a bio to work with to put the armature in, so I don't know the fitting. I have a P1 mask from Predator666thepain666 (he tells me it's your first gen. of p1 mask) and I don't know the exact the fitting of a bio to pred mask. Like how wide the forhead has to be, or the width around the mandibles or if it covers all of the crown of the mask. Do you guys go by certain measurements for P1 bios or are they all different?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back