Hunger Games Peacekeeper uniform/armor...

mxpxrobbie

Planning on getting one of these done before Dragon*Con... Looks pretty straightforward - anybody have any comments to anything seen in these images?
Peacekeeper_headshot_copy.jpg

katnissstill.jpg

In my oppinion the armor is very minimalistic and in a way boring..
I don't know if you read the books but I thought the peacekeeper would look much more dangerous and not so white and clinical.
(Sorry for the bad language , greetings from Germany ;) )

In my oppinion the armor is very minimalistic and in a way boring..
I don't know if you read the books but I thought the peacekeeper would look much more dangerous and not so white and clinical.
(Sorry for the bad language , greetings from Germany ;) )

I agree it's minimalistic - I still kind of like them tough, and think it would be a relatively simple costume to put together.

It doesn't really bother me that they're minimalist and lacking in much armor because prior to the story in the books, they pretty much think they've got all of the districts in Panem under control. So why would you need lots of deadly armor?

Anyway, I don't really have any input on creating the costume but I do love The Hunger Games so I wish you the best of luck in making this!

I too am disappointed with how the Peacekeeper costume turned out. I thought the costume would look like some kind of Stormtrooper outfit with a tinted visor.

This costume could easily be made with a white bike/skateboard helmet, acrilyc face shield, riding calvary boots, EVA foam, and a white jumpsuit or something.

0213russia.jpg

I always pictured peacekeepers looking like this but their uniforms were white of course :) I dont know about you guys but it seems more intimidating then a white uniform with a bicycle helmet that has a wind shield.

I'm hoping that after the movie comes out this weekend that there will be more high-res shots online. It looks pretty easy to get going though.

That should be easy to vac-form with a bit of ABS.

Did anyone notice the absolutely horribly job they did on one of the visors near the beginning of the film? There were so many warped spots and wavy patterns running through the piece that I'd be surprised if they extra they had wearing it could even see!

Did anyone notice the absolutely horribly job they did on one of the visors near the beginning of the film? There were so many warped spots and wavy patterns running through the piece that I'd be surprised if they extra they had wearing it could even see!

No, but I'm going out to watch it again at the Stardust in Lebanon this weekend, so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I agree!! I think you totally got this perfect!

I am in the process of constructing two of these uniforms too. THANK YOU for finding this helmet set-up.
Now the only thing that needs to be found is the torso armor. I am not sure if that's available? or perhaps custom-made for the movie?

Also, the "weapon" on their right....is that a night stick type of thing?

Torso armor looks to be BMX armor, but upon looking at the photo books at Walmart, etc, the armor looks to be covered in ribbed cloth. My guess is they were custom made for the movie. I'm thinking about making mine with thick craft foam covered with ribbed fabric. After all, it doesn't need to protect me from anything.

Also, for an armorless peacekeeper just remove helmet and chest armor and add a black sash and beret. Keep me posted if you find something else out.

I'm working on the helmet stripe and Capitol decal now. Also trying to find a way to make the fin on top of the helmet.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back