Hunger Games Peacekeeper uniform/armor...

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by mxpxrobbie, Mar 2, 2012.

1. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

Planning on getting one of these done before Dragon*Con... Looks pretty straightforward - anybody have any comments to anything seen in these images?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Arcadur

Arcadur New Member

In my oppinion the armor is very minimalistic and in a way boring..
    I don't know if you read the books but I thought the peacekeeper would look much more dangerous and not so white and clinical.
    (Sorry for the bad language , greetings from Germany ;) )

3. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

I agree it's minimalistic - I still kind of like them tough, and think it would be a relatively simple costume to put together.

4. iycis

iycis Sr Member

It doesn't really bother me that they're minimalist and lacking in much armor because prior to the story in the books, they pretty much think they've got all of the districts in Panem under control. So why would you need lots of deadly armor?

Anyway, I don't really have any input on creating the costume but I do love The Hunger Games so I wish you the best of luck in making this!

5. Fierfek

Fierfek Sr Member

I too am disappointed with how the Peacekeeper costume turned out. I thought the costume would look like some kind of Stormtrooper outfit with a tinted visor.

This costume could easily be made with a white bike/skateboard helmet, acrilyc face shield, riding calvary boots, EVA foam, and a white jumpsuit or something.

6. Flagwaver

Flagwaver Active Member

It reminds me of something from one of those old 70s futuristic movies, such as THX1138 or Logan's Run.

7. ozarkscout

ozarkscout New Member

Current issue of Entertainment Weekly has some nice detail shots of the uniform.

8. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

9. Battleharden

Battleharden New Member

[​IMG]

I always pictured peacekeepers looking like this but their uniforms were white of course :) I dont know about you guys but it seems more intimidating then a white uniform with a bicycle helmet that has a wind shield.

10. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

I'm hoping that after the movie comes out this weekend that there will be more high-res shots online. It looks pretty easy to get going though.

11. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

12. pwrofbauer

pwrofbauer Active Member

13. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

That should be easy to vac-form with a bit of ABS.

14. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

15. Yodajammies

Yodajammies Sr Member

Did anyone notice the absolutely horribly job they did on one of the visors near the beginning of the film? There were so many warped spots and wavy patterns running through the piece that I'd be surprised if they extra they had wearing it could even see!

16. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

No, but I'm going out to watch it again at the Stardust in Lebanon this weekend, so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

17. camiziodeltoro

camiziodeltoro New Member

cool uniforms

18. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

This is the screen used helmet, I am sure of it. Got mine in today.

[​IMG]

19. Kezler

Kezler New Member

I agree!! I think you totally got this perfect!

I am in the process of constructing two of these uniforms too. THANK YOU for finding this helmet set-up.
    Now the only thing that needs to be found is the torso armor. I am not sure if that's available? or perhaps custom-made for the movie?

Also, the "weapon" on their right....is that a night stick type of thing?

20. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

Torso armor looks to be BMX armor, but upon looking at the photo books at Walmart, etc, the armor looks to be covered in ribbed cloth. My guess is they were custom made for the movie. I'm thinking about making mine with thick craft foam covered with ribbed fabric. After all, it doesn't need to protect me from anything.

Also, for an armorless peacekeeper just remove helmet and chest armor and add a black sash and beret. Keep me posted if you find something else out.

I'm working on the helmet stripe and Capitol decal now. Also trying to find a way to make the fin on top of the helmet.

21. Kezler

Kezler New Member

Agreed. I noticed the ribbed fabric too. It almost looks like a faille type fabric.
    I thought of using 1/4" fun foam and covering it with a super spandex (non shiny side), or a cotton twill, or maybe some type of nylon....?
    However, I do have a family member in law enforcement and I am going to ask if he recognizes the movie vests. I will keep you updated.

The clips on the armor are interesting too. Looks like some type of side-release clips. The shoulder ones are different than the belt one.

I would be interested in buying some of the decals from you, if you plan on producing them?

22. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

Yeah, I plan on offering them up. I have a local guy who can cut vinyl decals so I'm going to see what he quotes me. I'll post up my rough version tonight if I remember.

23. Kezler

Kezler New Member

Well, unfortunately, I haven't found anything for the torso armor (yet). I check Galls.com for protective gear. They have stuff similar, but not quite close enough.

Perhaps it is some type of BMX gear?
    Or maybe it's custom made?:wacko

24. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Yeah, I noticed that. I wondered how they made them so bad. They needed to sanded down and polished out.

25. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

[​IMG]

Colors are a bit off, but I think this will work nicely for the logo on the helmet. Thinking about just having the round stickers printed and just painting the black stripe on the helmet. Thoughts?

26. Kezler

Kezler New Member

That's pretty much what I was thinking too. :)

27. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

What size do you think the round logo is? Thinking about 2.5 inches...

28. Kezler

Kezler New Member

I would guess smaller....maybe 2 inches? If you compare it to the size of the belts they are wearing, it looks rather small.

29. Wolfie

Wolfie Sr Member

Robbie, the armor looks like Karate chest/back guards...

We used them in kickboxing. And i've seen several different kinds i nmy parents Dojo equipment catalogs. This one isnt it, but basically gives you the idea what they look like:

[​IMG]

they come in various material and thickness... looks a lot like that armor though. But looking at the back of the costume, it looks like two fronts sewn together. maybe they used a back armor piece for the shoulders?

[​IMG]

OR just is cut up and sewn together foamy stuff made specifically by production teams *shrug* but it certainly reminds me of karate chest gear.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  30. Sroppelt

Sroppelt New Member

Hello! I just posted on another thread about the peacekeeper helmet. I bought production used chest armor and a helmet from an auction so I'd be happy to provide photos and measurements :)

http://www.therpf.com/f45/hunger-games-peacekeeper-helmet-question-216262/#post3364315

That's the thread where I posted two pics of the box the helmet came in and two thumbs up because you actually go the exact perfect model!

Have you already started with the logo on the helmet and all? I'm new to actually posting on the rpf so I was going to have my husband help me set up an album with both the helmet and the armor and use my tape measure in some images, like the emblem on the helmet. This would probably go up later tonight. Let me know if you have any specific requests as far as photos go!

EDIT:
    I just noticed this thread is super old, so I'll extend this to others who might be working on it currently. lol

31. mxpxrobbie

mxpxrobbie Active Member

Nice! Yeah I'd like to see pics and measurements of the fin and the logo on the front!