How much should i price this for? (don't know where to post sorry!!!!)

Cascades

Heya all,

So I spent a long time making 3 pepakura stormtrooper helmets, all of them failed, for the same warping problem, however I now see what it was I was doing wrong, so it's fine, BUT, at the time, I did not know and I spent £70 on ebay buying a copy of an official helmet. HOWEVER, when it arrived it turned out to be slightly warped itself at the back, so that instead of having a circle form birds eye view, the back had shifted to make a.... rhombus circle??? I haven't taken many photos of it from perspecives that really show the extent of the warping, and when it's being warn, it's really not the noticeable AT ALL. I also bought the cast alone, unpainted, barely sanded, painted it myself, missing decals and vents and eye lenses.

tumblr_ngmwmlzKaa1snyjcyo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngmwmlzKaa1snyjcyo3_400.jpg

tumblr_ngmwmlzKaa1snyjcyo2_400.jpg

So what do people think i could charge for this? Sorry for bad description and pictures, I am in a hurry and can't proof read :/

THANKS!

is your selfie showing "a copy of an official helmet" or is this the stand alone cast that you painted etc.....?

Sell it for what you paid for it...doubt you will make your investment back but no harm in trying - good luck ;)

The screen worn helmets weren't perfectly formed. You may find that many helmet replicas were purposely molded to match this 'asymmetrical' look. I would try and finish this helmet and sell it as a finished product rather than something a person has to redo as a partially completed project.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back