Question How do I reply to multiple people with one post? (answered)

DRD 1812

Hello, new member with another question.

If I want to reply to several people's posts while using only one of my own posts, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks.

Side note: What is the "QUOTE" button for? Turns red if I click it.

There are 3 buttons at the bottom right corner of other members' posts.

QUOTE - Opens a reply window with only that particular post "quoted."

'+ - Multi-quote button. Click that when you want to include a particular post in a reply. Once you have selected the posts you wish to reply to, click on the "QUOTE" button in the final post you want to reply to, and a reply window should open with all the selected posts quoted.

Quill (far right button) - Takes you to the bottom of the page, where a "Quick Reply" window is open...designed to be easier than clicking on the orange "Post Reply" button under the final post at the left on each page.

Hope this helps.

So, once I've clicked the "quote" buttons of all the posts I want to reply to, should something automatically pop up or change or do I have to click somethine else once I'm ready? I tried just clicking all the "quote" buttons of the various posts and nothing happened automatically.

If you hover your mouse over the buttons, it will tell you what they do. The 2nd button ("+) is the "multi-quote" button. You click that button on the posts you want to reply to.

There are 3 buttons at the bottom right corner of other members' posts.

QUOTE - Opens a reply window with only that particular post "quoted."

'+ - Multi-quote button. Click that when you want to include a particular post in a reply. Once you have selected the posts you wish to reply to, click on the "QUOTE" button in the final post you want to reply to, and a reply window should open with all the selected posts quoted.

Quill (far right button) - Takes you to the bottom of the page, where a "Quick Reply" window is open...designed to be easier than clicking on the orange "Post Reply" button under the final post at the left on each page.

Hope this helps.

So, once I've clicked the "quote" buttons of all the posts I want to reply to, should something automatically pop up or change or do I have to click somethine else once I'm ready? I tried just clicking all the "quote" buttons of the various posts and nothing happened automatically.

If you hover your mouse over the buttons, it will tell you what they do. The 2nd button ("+) is the "multi-quote" button. You click that button on the posts you want to reply to.

huh, and here I was opening new windows, copying and pasting text while it was this simple all along. I do believe that deserves a rep point. :thumbsup

huh, and here I was opening new windows, copying and pasting text while it was this simple all along. I do believe that deserves a rep point. :thumbsup

Testing...

Edit: Hmm, didn't work. Anyone know why?

Oh, I got it now. Thanks everyone for the help! Appreciate it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back