How Do I Make A Kamen Rider/Power Ranger Helmet?

superpat17

Hi

I am planing to go into the business of making 1:1 replica Power Ranger and Kamen Rider helmets. I would like a tutorial of how to make a well this is what I want to do. I want to make some kind of cast (if that would be the right word) so if a customer wants lets say a Red Mighty Morphin ranger helmet, I can just pour it a liquid or something so it makes a replica of the cast, I am so sorry if this is confusing! Mostly I just want a way to make a cast and replicate that when I need to... Any help would be appreciated!

Pat

Hey Pat, first you need to decide how you want to craft the initial helmet. Most people who sell them sculpt them out of clay. (something I'm in the process of myself) Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT RECAST SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK. If you don't make the helmet yourself or haven't gotten permission from the creator of it, you do not have the right to recast and distribute it. There are plenty of videos of people sculpting online. Just search youtube for sculpting time lapses and browse the sculpt forum on here to get the general run down.

Hey Pat, first you need to decide how you want to craft the initial helmet. Most people who sell them sculpt them out of clay. (something I'm in the process of myself) Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT RECAST SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK. If you don't make the helmet yourself or haven't gotten permission from the creator of it, you do not have the right to recast and distribute it. There are plenty of videos of people sculpting online. Just search youtube for sculpting time lapses and browse the sculpt forum on here to get the general run down.

So mostly get a picture of a helmet and sculpt from those pictures?

build the helmet in pepakura first then melt some clay and pour it in then peel off yhe paper and add detail, make mold and cast it.

no but you have to pour clay in a little batch at the time and their are some tutorial in youtube tgat will show you how.

I searched them up and on YouTube it gives me certain techniques like brush on and rubber moods, which video tutorial should I watch?

You're getting too far ahead of yourself. Before you even think about molding and casting, focus on creating something first. If you've never done something like this before, there is a good chance you'll need a few attempts to get something to the point of molding it.

Work on that first.

Get reference pictures(front, side, back). Study helmets others have made, and the official images.

Oil based clay, clay tools (Rubber nib tools, loop tools, serrated metal kidney), dummy bust to sculpt on.

Mold making is the same as Halo helmet casting and molding. Look that up on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/user/gametavern/videos

3 kits of Smooth-On Rebound 25 Silicone Rubber - 16 oz is what I mold one helmet with.
Make sure you support the rubber mold with a mother mold or you are just wasting your money.

I cast with

After casting in platic sand, then saw in half.
Add clamps to side, strap with elastic on the top inside to keep the 2 halves together, or add a small hindge.
Prime, paint, and clear coat.

Add visor, or drill small holes through where the visor would be so you can see and get air.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back