How can i take care of my Master Replicas Luke ESB lightsaber?

chewi

Hi, i have a MR Luke ESB replica for 13 years, and i wonder what can i use to take care of it so that it stay clean and don't rust. I know about the rubber strips, that part is taken care of, but what about the rest of the metal body? I don't know what kind of metal it's made of. And what product should i use to maintain it clean and pretty?

Thanks in advance for the answers and suggestions.

As long as you don't store it in a bucket of water you should be fine.

Seriously, just keeping it in the MR display case and occasionally cleaning it with a soft cloth and you should be fine.

Got lots of fingerprints? Fingerprints are very corrosive. As someone else said, whipe down and then apply a protective light coat of WD-40 and whipe down again.

Hey chewi ! I just cleaned my Roman's FX MK1 Machined Kit again last week. I've been cleaning it every few months trying to keep it all shiny and new looking. I use Neverdull cotton wading to rub off the wee little signs of surface rust. The last few times I've coated it in WD-40, but the whole thing continues to tarnish regardless. This time I tried cleaning with Neverdull, wiped it down with paper towel, coated it in Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax Pure Synthetic Polymer, let it sit in the garage for a couple of hours to soak it into the surface of the metal and let it dry, then came out with more paper towel to wipe off the wax and then used a microfiber rag to wipe off the paper towel fuzzies/lint.

So far so good! The brass parts have taken on a slightly duller appearance than the day I polished and waxed it, but they haven't changed color per se. The grenade, booster and emitter still look shiny and don't have any signs of tarnish recurring yet. Though I haven't picked it up since I polished it either, to be fair, so it hasn't had any sweaty fingerprints to deal with.

Good Luck keeping your MR Luke pretty!

I wype the fingerprints when i touched it. But i wonder if there is an appropriate product that i can use from time to time to maintain the metal hilt nice and shiny.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

GrenadeKing it's been a while but there is a thread on this. If remember correctly i think i used rubbing alcohol 70%. It might take a few shot wiping with the alcohol. Remove as much glue as you can. Then i used armor all for rubber and plastic care.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back