How Accurate is the MR Rebel Blaster

I don't know much about the DH-17, but I think the scope rings are the wrong type, which is understandable as these probably are off-the-shelf items and not built by MR.
Also, the knurling on the safety lever and endcap release lever is wrong (also applies to MR's E-11).

The MR is nowhere near accurate, the only thing they came close on is the singlepoint. Here is a pic of the resin cast screen accurate (except scope & rings) version:
aa17uc.jpg

and here is the metal MR version:
d_976.jpg

As you can see MR made an idealized prop, far from screen accurate.

Actually mine looks a little different than the one posted of the MR.

SWANHrebelblaster.jpg

The body inbetween the scope rail and the step down looks shorter on the final version and the scope is turned differently.

Jhusel

I think "nowhere near accurate" is a bit of hyperbole. Only appreciable difference I see is the thickness of the trigger guard, which I never liked anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>(Sidewinder @ May 22 2006, 05:59 PM) [snapback]1248723[/snapback]</div>
That and the scope/rings positioning.
[/b]

Scope and rings on the "screen used" one are wrong. They're modern replacements.

The MR scope rings are almost correct. They're actually a little newer version of the correct rings. The correct ones have straighter sides, not curved in like the MR.
They did leave off the round detail on the rear sight.
The scribed lines on the rear details are artistic license.

Overall it is pretty accurate, just a bit idealized.

I quite like the MR one, it needs chucking down a Blockade Runner corridor a few times to make it more 'Star Warsy' though. :)

SAS

I quite like my MR Rebel Blaster. Its a nice prop. A shame that a lot of people tend to serioiusly overlook it. Its really nice in person, the pics on the MR site don't do it justice.

I like the MR, but don't have the bling-bling to buy one. Agree it's an overlooked, idealized version, but still nice.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jimbo890 @ May 22 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]1248863[/snapback]</div>
I like the MR, but don't have the bling-bling to buy one. Agree it's an overlooked, idealized version, but still nice.
[/b]

I think the ESB one has the bling you refer to :D .....which is why I opted not for this one, which I'm assuming is "idealized" from ANH.

Steve

The MR ANH Rebel Blaster is based upon the firing versions, which were few.

The mag housing was removed and single 9mm rounds were hand loaded into the firing chamber.

The Singlepoint is 100% accurate.

The resin version is just wonky all over, but was seen in more shots as they flew from the hands of the defending Rebels as they were blasted. MR made this version b/c it's the "hero" piece that was intended for CU's.

I love mine.

I have a 2nd that I'm going to turn into the ESB version w/ many mods.
They are quite cheap on eBay and Brianstoys.

My .02
MG

Comparing the MR to a crap stunt version is certainly not a fair comparison at all.

It is a fine replica, although a lousy investment. LOL.

I'm pretty sure that no "hero" DH-17 existed in ANH. The sterling is completely re-arranged, if there had been a "hero" version it would have taken a great amount of work to move the entire firing mechanism back AND still be able to fire.

<div class='quotetop'>(bwingpilot @ Jun 27 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]1269575[/snapback]</div>
I'm pretty sure that no "hero" DH-17 existed in ANH. The sterling is completely re-arranged, if there had been a "hero" version it would have taken a great amount of work to move the entire firing mechanism back AND still be able to fire.
[/b]

A "hero" version does not necessarily mean a functional prop. Generally it refers to the nicest looking prop for close-up.

There are certainly many different versions of the DH-17. In fact I'd bet no TWO are identical.

These kinds of arguments are ridiculous for that very reason.

There rarely is a definitive version of any prop it seems.

<div class='quotetop'>(micdavis @ Jun 27 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]1269585[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(bwingpilot @ Jun 27 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]1269575[/snapback]
[/b]

A "hero" version does not necessarily mean a functional prop. Generally it refers to the nicest looking prop for close-up.

There are certainly many different versions of the DH-17. In fact I'd bet no TWO are identical.

These kinds of arguments are ridiculous for that very reason.

There rarely is a definitive version of any prop it seems.
[/b][/quote]

Fair enough, but it was stated earlier in this thread that the MR version was based upon a firing DH-17, and I am fairly certain that such a prop never existed.

<div class='quotetop'>(micdavis @ Jun 27 2006, 06:46 PM) [snapback]1269603[/snapback]</div>
What makes you "fairly certain"?
[/b]

Anyone with even a basic knowledge of firearms knows that a firing ANH DH-17 is very, very unlikely.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back