Hoverboards at the Universal Studios tram tour ~1990, anybody remember that?

121Gigabytes

This one is a long shot fellas, but here it goes. I remember visiting Universal Studios way back around 1990. I was 10 years old and I specifically remember a BTTF behind the scenes demo/ show of some of the movie's special effects during the tram portion of the studio backlot tour. In this show, they had a DeLorean "C" car ( just the interior ) in the middle of the room that 2 audience members sat in while the tour guide explained how a camera was mounted on the hood filming the action of the car's interior. Does anybody know if that was a real filming prop from the movies? Also, in the back corner of this studio room was a large bin full of Hoverboards!! I have the sinking feeling now that I think back that those were real screen used Hoverboards that the studio dumped in that bin. I specifically remember seeing the "rising sun" Hoverboard in that box, as well as a lot of Marty's Mattel Hoverboard. Does anybody know if those were the real ones? Remember, this was in the spring of 1990, just after the release of BttF II.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back