Hoth Rebel Pilot Jacket: Best Source?

hokie1

Hello All-

I am working on putting together a Hoth Rebel pilot. Looking for the best source for the orange jacket. I tried on the Anovos one at Celebration 2017 and it was nice, but as expected they had none in stock at the show...

So who is the best maker today in this groups opinion?

Thanks all!

Hilary

Try A&J Projects on Facebook and they’re based in Poland.

Make good stuff as have a Ponda Baba jacket from them and have a Hoth jacket on order.

No sure Gal Edge jacket is clearable with RL we looked at it

Try A&J Projects on Facebook and they’re based in Poland.

Make good stuff as have a Ponda Baba jacket from them and have a Hoth jacket on order.

No sure Gal Edge jacket is clearable with RL we looked at it
Can you share photos of your Ponda jacket?

Its a shame that Anovos dug themselves into a hole. They were the cheapest ive seen and the quality of the jacket is extremely nice.

Here are a couple listed on etsy but are more expensive

The one at Galaxy’s Edge is a twill type material if I remember correctly. As opposed to the nylon type material of the screen used jacket.

I’m actually thinking about getting one when I get a chance. I would consider it a light weight variant that a rebel pilot might wear in warmer climates. Might look good with some flight patches too.

The one at Galaxy’s Edge is a twill type material if I remember correctly. As opposed to the nylon type material of the screen used jacket.

I’m actually thinking about getting one when I get a chance. I would consider it a light weight variant that a rebel pilot might wear in warmer climates. Might look good with some flight patches too.

Here is a close up of the material (Posted at PHOTOS: Every Merchandise Item (with Prices) From Resistance Supply in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge - WDW News Today ). It probably is not a twill. But I do think it has less shine than than a screen used jacket and lightweight. I think a friend who saw them at Disneyland told me about them a few months ago so I think that is where I am remembering the information.

ance-supply-shop-opening-day-may-2019_107-900x1200.jpg

Here is a close up of the material (Posted at PHOTOS: Every Merchandise Item (with Prices) From Resistance Supply in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge - WDW News Today ). It probably is not a twill. But I do think it has less shine than than a screen used jacket and lightweight. I think a friend who saw them at Disneyland told me about them a few months ago so I think that is where I am remembering the information.

View attachment 1310061

Thickness and weight on my Anovos jacket appears on par with the GE. We have to remember the screen used jackets have no padding or lining. They are just straight nylon aside from the collar. Nylon's appearance is puffy compared to what ever is used on the GE jacket as it lays flatter.

I got the jacket as a christmas gift in 2017 back when Anovos actually shipped in stock items. My mother legit thought the jacket was a rip off due to how thin and light it is. And thats with the provided lining Anovos added. I had to explain that its a replica piece not an actual winter coat.

Last edited:
Thickness and weight on my Anovos jacket appears on par with the GE. We have to remember the screen used jackets have no padding or lining. They are just straight nylon aside from the collar. Nylon's appearance is puffy compared to what ever is used on the GE jacket as it lays flatter.

I got the jacket as a christmas gift in 2017 back when Anovos actually shipped in stock items. My mother legit thought the jacket was a rip off due to how thin and light it is. And thats with the provided lining Anovos added. I had to explain that its a replica piece not an actual winter coat.

I pretty much agree.

However I think there were at least two jackets. Like you said, a thinner, lighter one that is worn on set areas like in cockpits, hangar, Dagobah. And a larger one that is worn while running around Norway. It looks like Mark has a lot of layers under his flight suit so I would not be surprised if a larger Jacket with extra room and even possibly some insulation's made for those scenes. I have no proof other than what it looks like when you look at the different scenes.

I pretty much agree.

However I think there were at least two jackets. Like you said, a thinner, lighter one that is worn on set areas like in cockpits, hangar, Dagobah. And a larger one that is worn while running around Norway. It looks like Mark has a lot of layers under his flight suit so I would not be surprised if a larger Jacket with extra room and even possibly some insulation's made for those scenes. I have no proof other than what it looks like when you look at the different scenes.

There is a difference from sets to on location in Norway. Look at Mark's half dressed scene in the film vs the Norway scenes. There is an apparent difference in layers. Its been said the actors wore their own cothing in norway due to the thin costumes via Alinger's book.

Also the nature of the nylon used gives the look of layers as well. Here im only wearing a t shirt and the coveralls under the jacket.

20190617_145029_2.jpg

Speaking of Imperial Boots I have been wanting to upgrade to their hoth boots. Right now im using a chinese pair. They seem to be the only legit source for these particular boots. All other sources make them as boot covers. I dont get it.

There is a difference from sets to on location in Norway. Look at Mark's half dressed scene in the film vs the Norway scenes. There is an apparent difference in layers. Its been said the actors wore their own cothing in norway due to the thin costumes via Alinger's book.

Also the nature of the nylon used gives the look of layers as well. Here im only wearing a t shirt and the coveralls under the jacket.

View attachment 1310133
Nice setup. Who made your jacket?

The jackets are so shiny in some photos that I think those had been made from a rubber-coated nylon, not just regular nylon fabric. I once made myself a jacket in such a material and I think it looked right.

That does not rule out that the possibility of there having been different jackets of different materials, though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back