Hot-weather SW costumes

squirk

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I will be in Disney World in early October for their annual Halloween party (series of parties, to be precise). The kids talked me into dressing up with minimal arm-twisting.

Would like to do something SW but any kind of trooping armor seems impractical if we are to ride any rides. Also, it's going to be very warm there, even at night, so I need something cool to wear.

My knee-jerk reaction is a Jedi with the sheer fabrics, or maybe ANH Han. Any better ideas?

Thanks,

For your storm trooper under armour have you tried heatgear top and bottoms. Heatgear sports performance wear.

Last edited:
I have the Heat Gear, however the armor doesn't lend itself to riding rides, no?

Early October, you're looking at highs around 85, with relatively low humidity of maybe 50%.

Last edited:
Wife and I wore Endor Commando/Strike Team costumes for 'Last Trip to Endor' during the last Celebration. It was a bit warm for that time of year, but would be great for not-so-scary. Also, most of the Star Tours area is Endor-themed.

Lukes Tatooine outfit seems appropriate.
Use light fabric, it's worn pretty loose, you can accessorize the belt with props and
a lit up force FX saber in hand for sure.

You could do black shorts over a red and black heatgear bodysuit made to look like darth maul's tattoos, throw in a pair of red sunglasses with a visor that has spikes built from foam and a silver drink container with red straw, and be darth maul on vacation.

I wore my snowy last year during SWWs in the "Death March." It peaked at 113 while we were there.....

The thing about disney is that they want to be able to see your face, so your stuck with a rebel/officer or a face character unfortunatly, unless you want to carry your helmet where ever you go

I wore my snowy last year during SWWs in the "Death March." It peaked at 113 while we were there.....

The thing about disney is that they want to be able to see your face, so your stuck with a rebel/officer or a face character unfortunatly, unless you want to carry your helmet where ever you go
As somebody who used to work for Disney, I agree on this one. Please do have something with your face showable! And while it's ok to wear a really good costume during the Not So Scary obviously you can't when it's a non-party day, ie the teen Tinkerbell issue. A friend of mine did wear an almost screen accurate Rapunzel to the party and her husband was Flynn... they got in just fine. Although they did say a few times outright when asked for pictures that they are NOT affiliated w/Disney and are just doing this for fun so they constantly kept drawing the line.

The official rule is that you're also not allowed to go in costume to any other park besides Magic Kingdom, but I know of plenty who have broken it without facing any consequences.

Here ya go....

fashion-fail-artoo-needs-some-pants-costume.jpg

I've been staring at that dome for a few days now. Is it just me or does that dome look like it's not high enough to house a full-sized human head? Given where the shoulder end and presumably the neck begins, the dome looks too small. Maybe it's the camera angle or the lighting?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back