Hot Toys Reeve Custom Crystal Console

booshman

I recently completed a new base for my HT Reeve and thought folk here might enjoy having a look.

It's been put together with all kinds of things I've been able to get locally. I'm living in China right now, so finding specific things can be a laborious, and I also have very limited tools.

My build has used the following:

plastic straws
a Ferrero Rocher container
foam board
Xmas fairy lights
a dried fruit container (the tube)
white electric tape
green plastic drink stirrer
a lot of sand paper
baking powder
pva glue
white poster paint

All in all I think everything came to less than £20!

Unfortunately I don't have any in progress shots as my camera died right at the start of the build, and I had to borrow one to get shots of the finished item.

Here's a video so you can check it out all lit up!

https://vimeo.com/45781778

Last edited:
What a cool concept.

An idea could have been to make the surrounding crystal "towers" slant outwards a bit, as there were barely any exact vertical ones in the movie. Some of the pictures even give off that effect.

Since I didn't get the special edition, my Supes came without a Kryptonite chain, so I decided to make one.

I decided to go one step further and get the thing to light up!

I used araldite, a length of chain, 1 green LED, 1 green plastic spoon/ drink stirrer, a small 2 cell battery holder, a switch, some blue wire, glue gun, soldering iron, black spray paint.

I curved the connectors of the LED around, so the battery pack/switch can be hooked on and off from the chain itself. The battery/ switch are concealed behind the cape and stay in place due to the length of the wire being just enough to stretch around the figure.

It came out slightly bigger than screen accurate, but not bad for a few quids worth of parts.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back