HOT TOYS ADDICT COLLECTION

DARK BLADE CLAN

I set up the Predators for a little photo shoot. hope you like my collection. Predator 2 Elder and Grid Alien are on the way and the whole AVP-R set is preordered.

SLIDESHOW

These are my customs. The Elder is a keeper of clan honor, when clan members fell in combat against the Alien spiecies he would neutralize the hive and bring his honored dead home

IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0091.jpg

This Predator was inspired by the Military Hydra and Military Blazer preds from AVP xbox game. One wrist nuke/computer for each plasma caster with multiple targeting and a custom GLAVE I constructed

IMG_0085.jpg
IMG_0087.jpg

Here is the custom MAUL I constructed. Seen in the AVP xbox game. Took some time and planning but i think it's a good replica.

IMG_0100.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM CANADA

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing!
Love your custom.
Those HOT TOYS predators are addicting.
They are killing my wallet though.
Here is my setup so far. I have another 2 more Deltofs in the garage for the stuff on pre-order.
IMG_2906.jpg

Tom

Thanks Tom, I'm glad you like my customs. I know the empty wallet feeling lol, never thought I would have 1000 dollar toy collection when I was a kid.
Tom, I see you have two P2 figures, are you going to buy the money grabin battle damaged P2 figure??
Very nice Bio helmet collection Tom.

Dagger

I dunno , i think theres enough in the new battle damaged P2 to grab again. Hot toys i think do a great job on the preds but my wallet sucks

Thanks Tom, I'm glad you like my customs. I know the empty wallet feeling lol, never thought I would have 1000 dollar toy collection when I was a kid.
Tom, I see you have two P2 figures, are you going to buy the money grabin battle damaged P2 figure??
Very nice Bio helmet collection Tom.

Dagger

Yeah, I pre-ordered it already cause I'm a sucker (and I want the open mouth).
I got the 2nd P2 so I can fit him with a "Gort" Bio (his my favorite of the lost hunters). I initialy wanted to do the whole Lost Hunters pack (Boar, B. Boar, Ram, etc..) but with all the other Hot Toys preds coming out I pretty much scratched the idea.

Tom

Tom, we are addicted aren't we..
It seems like we share many of the same idea's
I still want to get another pred to put my Gort bio on, but I will need 1 or 2 more display cabinets with all the incomeing figures.
I preordered the exclusive battle damaged P2 as well, what else can Hot Toys throw at us??

DAGGER

btw wats the most you would pay for a scar , I really did like him in the movie and theres one on ebay now!. At the minute its at like 160 dollars and ive got about 300 so if it goes to that amount would you pay it now ?

btw wats the most you would pay for a scar , I really did like him in the movie and theres one on ebay now!. At the minute its at like 160 dollars and ive got about 300 so if it goes to that amount would you pay it now ?

Well 300 would be the limit and thats including shipping cost, good luck dark hunter. IMO the scar is the best in quality detail, little more difficult to piece together though.
Still pissed about the time I seen a Scar pred "Buy It Now" for $110, 6 minutes is how long the auction lasted, but I had one by then.

Feel lucky punk? well do ya?
IMG_0071.jpg

well if you have the celtic i would jump on that.
I'm in the uk and would have to pay for shipping , make me an offer if you like ...

Just give me a bit to think about it, the original plan with to put celtic and elder together on eBaY because the elder doesn't sell well on his own.

yeah right now the elder does suck at selling alone but think about it this way , do you sell them both together probably to some guy who will give it to his kid to wreck on ebay ? or sell it to a loyal movie fan who won't go a day without worshiping it ?.
Besides from the luck of your customs you could always modify the elder and sell him double the price !.

btw i love the bio display tom , i have the same detolfs in my front room now , there full of mcfarlane and neca random movie figs but im soon to display more sideshow and prop pieces in them , it kinda feels childish to have 7 inch figures !. Is it just me who feels that the bigger they are the more manly they feel or do i just sound like a total dick ? let me know ..
thanks , tay

Is it just me who feels that the bigger they are the more manly they feel or do i just sound like a total dick ?

Thats kind of funny, I think it depends on your generation because as a kid with GI JOE and Star Wars toys I always admired those larger 12" toys and that new plastic smell.

btw i love the bio display tom , i have the same detolfs in my front room now , there full of mcfarlane and neca random movie figs but im soon to display more sideshow and prop pieces in them , it kinda feels childish to have 7 inch figures !. Is it just me who feels that the bigger they are the more manly they feel or do i just sound like a total dick ? let me know ..
thanks , tay

Don't be so hard on yourself. Although predators are my main obssesion, I collect a few other things (I love the S.I.C. masked rider, S.R.W. & S.O.C. robots & other asian related characters) .
The 1:1 scale movie related stuff has become more accesible throughout the years and thats why I can satisfy my hunger for the Predator stuff in a larger scale. However, since HOT TOYS, Sideshow & Narin, I've had to cut down on collecting other things and become more selective.
Right now the office room is in chaos but I plan to remodel and clear out some old stuff in order to have everything in display cases (new years resolution).
Here are couple of pictures of the other side of the room (Ineed to get rid of some stuff ) Keep in mind I have the top shelf of the garage filled with containers of predator and other japanese related kits (which hopefully I'll start or will comission someone to build) .
IMG_2933.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

I notice you have a nude David Beckham there ( it think ). I was with my mother in a book store about a year ago and she gave him a kiss!. He was actually a really nice guy , she shouted him and he stepped out of the elevator and walked over.
Great collection you got there man , i always think to myself that if i buy 2 rare hot toys preds i could have a full scale alien or pred piece then instead and its a really hard choice , but once you've spent it its gone so your screwed... until you get mroe cash of course , then it just all happens again!.

That's why I've had to become more selective. Focus more on what I'm most obsessed with.
I now channel most of my funds towards predator related items and even in that deparment I've become more selective.
However, I walk into the my office room everyday and look at my predator display and still get goosebumps. IMO that's money well spent. I have one life to live so why deny myself that simple pleasure (as long as it doesnt hurt anybody) !
The HOT TOYS Beckman it's for some figure batching I plan to do (again sometime this year) .

By the way Dark, I wouldn't spend $300 on the AVP scar. Don't get me wrong, his awesome but with all of the other HOT TOYS preds coming I would save my money. The P2 Elder, Wolf & the main hunter, the P1 are on their way .

WoW..... I'm starting to realize how small my hot toys collection is, compaired to the full members of the Lair.

I salute all of you collector's. I surfed the forums here and at The Hive to check out everyone's collection and I'm soooo jealous.
OneEye: Faken: :eek:

DAGGER

Just added the Grid Alien to the line-up, I might need to cut the end of the tail off to make it movie accurate.

HUNTER CHALLENGE--Show me how cool you can pose these hot toys Aliens, Marines and Predators

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

DAGGER

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back