HOOK (1991) - Props / Bear

I found this Mohair bear a while ago and never bought it, but I made an offer, and the seller accepted it! It's the best bear that I have ever found, and it's similar in many ways:

$_57.JPG

I'll have to restore him here and there, but it looks to be a pretty good match with its long nose. I think the eyes need to be repositionned and need to be smaller, I'm sure I could do this.

The size is slightly bigger than it should be too, but at this point, I think I don't mind so much. I believe the bear in the movie is of 12" and this one is 16". It's reasonably small though. What do you guys think?

Okay, so I've been giving giving him a good clean, re shaped him, dyed his nose and repaired his nose tip.
I believe he's from the 20's! Pretty cool bear! I only have the eyes left now, I got a pair, waiting for them to arrive now!

I think I can't get any better than this, the nose is still slightly inaccurate, but I'm quite happy with it!

12006132_921617847918265_6735577187809544231_n.jpg

Just wanted to add this here! I finally got this Peter & Wendy book for a rather cheap price!

DSC_0134.jpg

Also, it seems to be the 5th edition? Any difference from the 1st print? I don't seem to see any but one page that mentions the months of each print x)

I think it's a Mohair ^^", but it's still difficult to find a real similar one.
There is a woman I know in France who makes amazing old technique teddy bears on a Victorian era sewing machine and sources natural and organic materials. I bought a Steiff style bear from her a year ago for about $120. Looking into having her make a replica of the 2003 Teddy version in Peter Pan off of the photos I have showing the original prop. She does a lot of custom commissions and I can’t say enough about how wonderful she is to work with and buy from. She’s got a page on Facebook and her webpage here Traditional handcrafted bears and precious RestorationsJenniemoonbears

There is a woman I know in France who makes amazing old technique teddy bears on a Victorian era sewing machine and sources natural and organic materials. I bought a Steiff style bear from her a year ago for about $120. Looking into having her make a replica of the 2003 Teddy version in Peter Pan off of the photos I have showing the original prop. She does a lot of custom commissions and I can’t say enough about how wonderful she is to work with and buy from. She’s got a page on Facebook and her webpage here Traditional handcrafted bears and precious RestorationsJenniemoonbears
im trying to do the same thing. do you still have those pictures?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back