HMSwolfe’s 3D Printed Custom Blasters thread - Free Files

This concept is looking really cool! Are you planning of making the files available for sale, or something like that?
More than happy giving these out for free (as long as they don’t get redistributed or sold), the only issue I have is I’m still quite a novice to 3D design, especially when it comes to function. So I’d be worried about handing out something that will have issues printing, or a nonfunctional trigger or whatnot.

More than happy giving these out for free (as long as they don’t get redistributed or sold), the only issue I have is I’m still quite a novice to 3D design, especially when it comes to function. So I’d be worried about handing out something that will have issues printing, or a nonfunctional trigger or whatnot.
Totally feel you. Either way, I can't wait to see what you end up making!

Maybe someone here can chime in, but I'm trying to model a working trigger. I've based this loosely around a cutaway of a Crosman. Not really sure if what I've got here would actually work, though. Functional modeling is not my strong suit.
Screenshot (42).png

What do you want the trigger to do?

A trigger on a real firearm (or crossbow, for that matter) trips a sear, which then releases one of several devices that crushes a primer and makes a bang. I assume that's not what you want to have happen here, so what level of functionality are you actually after? Just pivot back and forth? Serve to push a switch? Release a spring-loaded noisemaker? Something I haven't thought of?

What do you want the trigger to do?

A trigger on a real firearm (or crossbow, for that matter) trips a sear, which then releases one of several devices that crushes a primer and makes a bang. I assume that's not what you want to have happen here, so what level of functionality are you actually after? Just pivot back and forth? Serve to push a switch? Release a spring-loaded noisemaker? Something I haven't thought of?
At this point, I just want it to pull back, and spring forward when released. If I had ever done any kind of electronics before, I suppose I’d be interested in that, but I haven’t. So just a simple pivot, I suppose.

At this point, I just want it to pull back, and spring forward when released. If I had ever done any kind of electronics before, I suppose I’d be interested in that, but I haven’t. So just a simple pivot, I suppose.

In that case, you've got more than you need. It looks to me like you've modeled a trigger and a sear, or maybe a connecting rod? I'd have to see the whole mechanism you based it on and even then I'd be slightly guessing and really it doesn't matter in any case.

If all you want is the trigger to move, then you've got a perfectly good trigger there. Put a pin in the hole for it to pivot around, and then take a spring from a clicky pen and stick it at the back of that arm on the trigger, so that when you pull the trigger the spring compresses:

Screenshot (42) notes.png

You don't need whatever that other piece is. (In the real gun, it has a job, but you're not making a real gun, so things are simple.

The only other thing I'd add is to close up the frame so that the bottom of the arm you're putting the spring on can't keep moving down; that will keep the trigger from coming too far forward when you release it.

Screenshot (43).png

Okay, so I think that the model is where I want it. I have no idea how well it will print, tolerances between the parts that fit together, or if the trigger will work. So I take no responsibility for failed prints...unless your print failed and you can tell me why and how to improve my model. Again, please do not redistribute, and certainly do not sell this anywhere. The two .stl files are arranged to fit on an Ender 3 Pro bed. A pen spring can be used internally to allow the trigger to function.

If you download and print my models, keep me updated!

Attachments

• STR_Print_Right.stl
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • STR_Print_Left.stl
    3.3 MB · Views: 52

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back