HK-47 Costume: Suggestions, Plans and ideas

Corewolf

Alright, so I've wanted to do a Star Wars costume build for YEARS and have never really been able to decide on something, nor have had the finances to afford something or time to make something of my own. Well that has FINALLY changed, so I had better get started right?

For the longest time I thought about doing Revan, but one of my good friends beat me to the punch, but also gave me an idea.

Hk-47.jpg

HK-47. Nearly noone has done an actual costume and it is the PERFECT excuse to be snarky to people.

Granted, some things are going to have to be altered because there are things like internal organs and such, but still... It could be done I think.

So here I am starting the process by sourcing out ideas or thoughts people would have about this. For the moment I'm planning on starting with the head/helmet and working down from there and am looking at using either cardboard for a prototype or trying to find/make a Pep file and doing the bondo and resin methods. I'm hoping the mostly flat surfaces and geometries will make this easier than some of the rounder/organic looking helmets I've done in paper before.

So what suggestions and advice would the experienced builders and modelers have for me?

What about doing it as a puppet similar to how they did with C-3PO in TPM? You could wear a black outfit while operating it. People would most likely talk to it and ignore you. I would actually love a faceoff between HK47 and K2SO.

That's possible, though HK has a greater range of motion than 3PO does. Holding the blaster rifle (hence closing hands and positioning arms in ways that most of the Protocol droids didn't) and things like that, if I can figure out a wearable costume that'd be ideal, but barring that, a puppet MIGHT be possible.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back