Hirogen v Predator

jasp

Hirogen
Hostile

Voyager first encountered the Hirogen in 2374 after stubbling about a network of arrays which the Hirogen had claimed. Voyager used these arrays to communicate with the Alpha Quadrant, before the conflict with the Hirogen caused their destruction.

The Hirogen are a hostile, powerful and aggressive species. They live and thrieve for the hunt, and this hunt consumes their lives. They travel in packs, like wolves, and there doesn't appear to be one ruling power which directs the functioning of the Hirogen.

Once the Hirogen have chosen their prey, they do not stop until they have capture this prey. Once they have captured it, they display it, like trophies. They also use the remains of their prey for a source of food. this is the write up on them,would this be a gud fight between the speices as i think there evenly matched...even have trophy wall for there kills!!your thoughts on this????

hirogen.jpg

Hirogen_trophy_wall.jpg

Hirogen
Hostile

Voyager first encountered the Hirogen in 2374 after stubbling about a network of arrays which the Hirogen had claimed. Voyager used these arrays to communicate with the Alpha Quadrant, before the conflict with the Hirogen caused their destruction.

The Hirogen are a hostile, powerful and aggressive species. They live and thrieve for the hunt, and this hunt consumes their lives. They travel in packs, like wolves, and there doesn't appear to be one ruling power which directs the functioning of the Hirogen.

Once the Hirogen have chosen their prey, they do not stop until they have capture this prey. Once they have captured it, they display it, like trophies. They also use the remains of their prey for a source of food. this is the write up on them,would this be a gud fight between the speices as i think there evenly matched...even have trophy wall for there kills!!your thoughts on this????
i take it this has got you thinking mmmmmmm pmsl

Dude, wtf are you on?
whats so funny about it??both hunters,hunt as packs or as indivduals,use hunts to work there way up in there society,there adapt to different planet conditions & travel space to find new and wilder hunts the more cunning the better,so whats funny???even match i think? :)

I think what Jasp was trying to sayy is that the Star Trek directors took the Predator Life and re-designed it for a new species in their Universe. He didnt want to say something wrong, he find it funny that the Hirogen are very similiar to the Preds and what whe think about that reason :)

There are three species based upon the predator in Star Trek.
One being the Hirogen, with their hunter tactics, and there was a single other episode in which the "good guys" had cloaks but looked less agressive, and they were at war with "bad guys" who looked like Bon Jovi crossbred Predators, that didn't have cloak. I said good guys/bad guys between captions, since the plot twist was that it was the other way around, the morale being never to trust anyone just upon the looks of them.

I think what Jasp was trying to sayy is that the Star Trek directors took the Predator Life and re-designed it for a new species in their Universe. He didnt want to say something wrong, he find it funny that the Hirogen are very similiar to the Preds and what whe think about that reason :)
correct Bam....seems funny how the pred's where of life comes up in different films n comics,take species 8472,very cunning and hard to kill species.They emit a biogenic field around their bodies; this field renders them nearly invisible to sensors, making it impossible to pinpoint their exact location.,cloak,invisible,can live in any enviroment n very hard to kill......or how ideas are copyed in some way...Carl

I'm a big fan of Star trek and a bigger fan of Predator. I think its funny how they added the Hirogen in and it screams Predator rip off. But who would win? I would say the predator would come out on top but it would be a close fight.

The phrase " well duh " was invented specifically for anyone who suggests the writer who 'came up' with the idea of the Hirogen just might have watched Predator the night before. :)

They wear breathing masks for inhospitable conditions, much like the Pred does... although the Preds mask is more complete. They are also 7 foot + tall and very powerful with armoured suits just like the pred...
25yye82.jpg

..and they like nothing more than to hunt the ultimate prey and adorne their spaceships with the victims skull... for Xenomorphs...see Species 8472.
ama8nr.jpg

Differences...they tend to favour more traditional guns, rather than Preds wide array of handheld weaponry. They don't use bio-vision ( although it may be available on their guns)...they're more 'human' sounding with fluent speech.......

I'd always imagined a scenario where a band of Hirogen were hunting the Voyager crew...unawares that they themselves were being hunted and picked off one at a time by a lone Predator on some desolate planet.

25yye82.jpg

ama8nr.jpg

The phrase " well duh " was invented specifically for anyone who suggests the writer who 'came up' with the idea of the Hirogen just might have watched Predator the night before. :D

They wear breathing masks for inhospitable conditions, much like the Pred does... although the Preds mask is more complete. They are also 7 foot + tall and very powerful with armoured suits just like the pred...
25yye82.jpg

..and they like nothing more than to hunt the ultimate prey and adorne their spaceships with the victims skull... for Xenomorphs...see Species 8472.
ama8nr.jpg

Differences...they tend to favour more traditional guns, rather than Preds wide array of handheld weaponry. They don't use bio-vision ( although it may be available on their guns)...they're more 'human' sounding with fluent speech.......

I'd always imagined a scenario where a band of Hirogen were hunting the Voyager crew...unawares that they themselves were being hunted and picked off one at a time by a lone Predator on some desolate planet.
i'm surprised a fan edit movie dos'nt pop up now pred v hirogen the hunters hunt... ;)

25yye82.jpg

ama8nr.jpg

Hey, FYI, any pred with half an ounce of worth would pimp slap the Hirogen.

While the Hirogen are strong and carry a pretty nice cannon. Their slow and seeming poor in CQC. They depend on their size and when that fails then they depend on the size of their guns. Preds are the switch. A pred doesn't have to be bigger or better armed to beat their prey. Its all about the hunt, all about the kill, all about the prey. No ego, no superiority complex... Only the stalk and the death.

I've heard of the Hirogen before, I think it was actually in one of the Star Trek games that I fought one. They arent really that much like Predators physically. He wasnt overly fast or strong, couldnt turn invisible, and his blaster wasnt stealthy at all

Predators would pwn Hirogen in a fight XD

I've heard of the Hirogen before, I think it was actually in one of the Star Trek games that I fought one. They arent really that much like Predators physically. He wasnt overly fast or strong, couldnt turn invisible, and his blaster wasnt stealthy at all

Predators would pwn Hirogen in a fight XD
let the fight begin.....SLAP.SLAP.SLAP!!!!!!!YOU STILL STANDING??OHHHH RUN!!!!!!!!! ;)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back