HInkypunks Harry Potter Prop Challenge!!

Hinkypunk

Hello friends!

This past weekend I went to Wizard World and met James and Oliver Phelps, and several friends from both RPF and Facebook. For those that don't know me, I used to spend a great deal of time on RPF making props way back in the day, so naturally, I brought a bunch of props with me.

Needless to say, my stash of Weasley Wizard Wheezes products and books were really popular at the con (made Fred's Blaze Box and George's Compendium for James and Oliver), so a few of those folks have given me a challenge.

A challenge that I have accepted naturally.

I am going to make Every. Single. Paper. Prop. Fun I know, but how does that benefit you guys?

Lets take the Aviatomobile box for example. I will supply links to the box used, the files that fit to that box, instructions on how to put them together, all while keeping the cost down. Some designs dont fit on everything unfortunately, so anything that I have to redesign to make work, will be included. Video tutorials will also be involved for a lot of props. In some cases, like the Aviatmobile, I'll show you where to find mini ford anglias.

All books will fit the standard Harry Potter books. In some instances, cutting will be involved.

This will all begin on Saturday February 21st

I will be updating this post as often as I can, but for more updates, I have created a twitter page for this project. twitter.com/hinkypunksbog

Since theres a bajillion of these props, if theres items that folks want pushed to the front, I'd be happy to do that. Anything thats too large to print on a printer at home will be stalled off for the middle and the end, as not everyone will have the abilities to do stuff like that.

Just some glimpses:
Boxes.jpgInside1.jpgWMA.jpg

Hi wooze :) <3 I'm glad to be here again. You have no idea how much I miss this place, and this past weekend really gave me the fuel I had been missing out on. Definitely a huge undertaking, but you know me :) I can't pass up a challenge like this!

Can't wait, going to do -every- weasley product

omg Hnkypunk is back!! Such an awesome project, makes me feel excited. i will follow the thread for sure. :love :love :love

The Weasley's are my favorite characters and I am so excited to see what you are creating!!! There is just sooo much to choose from. I hope you have alot of paper and printer ink :D I may have to start stocking up myself :lol

Got plenty of printer ink (I managed to get myself a really really good printer and the ink for it is the cheapest you can get), ordered a bunch of canvas for books, created my website for it. Going to be amazing!

Glad to see some familiar faces :) Missed you guys!

Awesome, like the others here have said, we have missed you and your fantastic work! Are you going to announce your work on twitter too? It's the fastest way for me to keep up at the moment :)

Cirian

Hey Cirian! Long time no see!!!

Twitter will be the number one method to follow this project, because there will be links that bring you to different locations, like my website, facebook, instagram and here.

Twitter is nice and to the point, I recommend if you have it, to follow me.

Info in the sig!

Hinkypunk - If haven't found them yet, there are heaps of scans from the Page to Screen deluxe set here: http://www.therpf.com/f64/harry-potter-free-paper-props-all-movies-108986/index386.html#post2746588 and here: http://www.therpf.com/f64/harry-pot...-movies-more-108986/index391.html#post2766064

Also check out the link in my signature (though I really need to update the list). Also, try searching for studio tour pics on flickr- put in the name of the prop you want, then 'Harry Potter studio tour'- there's HEAPS of pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back