Highlander Swords - " There can be only One!!"

Sal sells the $3,500 swords, not Daryl. Daryl sells them at $500. It's not rocket science to understand.

I for one have had dealings with Daryl, and he's awesome.

Sal sells the $3,500 swords, not Daryl. Daryl sells them at $500. It's not rocket science to understand.

I for one have had dealings with Daryl, and he's awesome.

We spoke it was a miss understanding chief so no need to
stir the pot again thanks for the help .

Trust me the only thing you missed was a high priced piece of junk.

Out of the 3 I sold every one of them broke. :unsure

I know they were not the best quality, but they are probably my best chance at getting one. I did get a Chinese copy of one of them about 6 years ago (much like the Chinese Connor's and Duncan's that are out there), but the hilt is white, the tsuba is cheap pot metal that rattles, and the blade is complete junk. But, only payed $19.00 shipped, so I can't complain to much about its quality.

IMG_20120906_201710.jpg

IMG_20120906_201728.jpg

IMG_20120906_201745.jpg

A little work and one of my folded blades and it might be fine, but I would like something better one of these days when I have the money.

I have been a sword collector since high school. Not just the wall hanger movie replicas that are currently the bulk of my collection, but real military katana as well. I currently only have three WWII era swords and would love to grow that collection, but with the rash of "replica" WWII era recreations it is near imposable to get any authentic blades with out going through some pricey but reputable antique dealers. Gone are the days of going into a used gun store and seeing one in the corner that still has the shipping label stuck on it from when it was mailed home by an occupying G.I. That was how I got my very first sword. Only payed about $180 for it at the time. Early 90s.

Avolow.

Yeah that chinese knock off is better then the licensed one that was released years ago.

I know I have said it before but man was that thing a pos I mean it was horrible!

:lol, I didn't think the licensed one would gave been that bad. Granted I haven't even laid eyes or hands on one in over 15 years so my memory is more than likely cloudy on the sword.

My intention was always to remove the blade, dye it black and, and replace the blade with one that looks more correct to the movie. I even have the sword blade that I would use for the project. One of the nice things about some of the blades being pounded out in China now is that they are affordable and some of them are even decent quality. I tend to stay away from the blade smiths that show pictures of their work area forge loaded with re-bar though. Now if I can just find were it is pined. I am afraid they may have epoxied the blade in the hilt and I'll do more damage to the hilt than I can fix if I bust it out. Kind of why it has been on the back burner for so long. Always wished I could find just a hilt somewhere that I could put whatever blade I wanted in.

Avolow.

hi I have just aquired a martos kat which has some engraving on it, i have been told that it was presented to the stars at cannes 2005, it reads Highlander 20th Anniversery Celebration Cannes 2005. anyone have any ideas? cheers

Hi, I have exactly the same sword with same inscription.

I got from from an air stewardess friend in 2006 who received as a gift from a movie Director (name unknown). She said it was issued to people involved in the movie at the 20th anniversary event at Cannes. Please let me know if you were able to find out anything further about this series of kat.

Cheers,

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back