Hey McFly!

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sometime next month by BTTF II costume will be complete when I get my jacket - pics will come, so stay tuned!
Right now I am trying to find the best match I can for the jeans and burgundy T-Shirt.

If anyone knows a good source for the burgundy T-shirt please post a link.

I tried on a pair of regular fit (tapered leg) jeans with my Mags and the let opening is still too wide. I've come to the conclusion that the best type of jeans to wear with the Mags are "skinny" jeans.

JC Penny, where I normally shop for jeans, does not have a pair of skinny jeans that has the appropriate color. I've also tried Kohls, Sears and Wal-Mart. None have an appropriate colored pair of skinny jeans.

As with the T-Shirt, if anyone has a link to somewhere online for these jeans, please post. Thanks!

I can't say how they'll work for you, but 510's are just as described: super skinny. I wear a 34 waist in regular pants and I can't fit into 38 510's to save my life. I'd suggest going to H&M, they have a pretty good range of slim and skinny jeans that you could try out. Otherwise stick to the 511's.

For the shirt i went with a 3 dollar maroon Fruit of the Loom shirt at Wal Mart but had to cut the front pocket off, i'm usually a large but went with a medium, i may buy that Rit stone wash dye to fade it

I can't say how they'll work for you, but 510's are just as described: super skinny. I wear a 34 waist in regular pants and I can't fit into 38 510's to save my life. I'd suggest going to H&M, they have a pretty good range of slim and skinny jeans that you could try out. Otherwise stick to the 511's.

I went into H&M today and all thier skinny jeans were the wrong color.
The thing with the Mags is the upper rests SO close to your ankle that you really need a very narrow let opening for them to look right with the shoes.
I MAY have the costume designer at my theater look at the jeans I have now and see if she can just take them in for me rather than me go through the trouble of finding a perfect off-the-rack pair.

I'm hoping sometime mid to late October I will be getting my 2015 jacket which is still being molded and constructed. I will update photos on this thread when they come.

As for the TShirt, I have yet to try Michaels or AC Moore for their solid T selection, not have I tried Target or WalMart yet. With this, I will likely end up just getting a close enough color as I don't think I will find an exact match unless I custom dye.

In the meantime, here are some shots of my Mags:
DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

*sigh* So freakin' jealous of your Mags. I wish I could get a pair that fit me.

I took them into work with my last night to show them off after our performance. Most of my actor buddies really didn't understand the whole thing. Our bartender thought it was cool but still didn't understand it.
I had to explain the shoes to my director because she's never seen the movie but our stage manager is in the sports card selling hobby so he knows about the value of collectibles and was more understanding of the price tag of these.
My co-star is fortunately a HUGE bttf fan so he was stoked to see these in person.
Honestly, for me, these were worth EVERY single last penny I paid for them. My whole fascination with the hobby of prop and costume collecting originated from the BTTF II future scene. I feel an incredible sense of relief knowing I FINALLY have these in my collection - and the fact that they are a legitimate NIKE official release, well that is the best part.

I really wish more of our fellow RPFers were able to get a pair. I especially feel bad for Brad (Jedifyfe) as I know he's as much of a nut about this movie as I am. Unfortunately, many of the pairs went to sneakerheads who could care less about the movie or the prop collecting hobby or to bloodsucking resellers who only care about making more money.

Picked up a pair of Levi 511 skinny jeans today. Going to bleach down the color a bit.
Also picked up Rit-Dye "wine" color and will try and custom dye my tshirt. pics to show how it turns out will come soon...

Well, if I have understood the whole hype correctly, most of the proceeds go to Parkinson research, so even the sneakerheads are contributing. Envious? Moi? ...Does Biff Tannen hate manure? ;-)

The burgundy AA shirt looks good - but too late, I just got done dying mine and I have it in the dryer.
Crossing my fingers it comes out looking the way want.

Turned out better than I had expected.
The jeans were a much darker blue so I gave them a bleach bath and washed them. They have a good light denim color now. The shirt came out pretty good too.
Sorry for the bad cell phone mirror shot, but you get the idea. Modeling the jeans and shirt with my Nike Mags:
McFly.jpg

Looks good! I wore my 2015 converted jacket and Mags from Mark to the state fair and had hundreds of people staring haha

I went ahead and ordered that American Apparel shirt so I can choose which I like better. I just popped in my Blu-Ray and the shirt I dyed still looks off even though its the same "look".
I also ordered a pair of those Nike Zoom bruins - they only had them with the blue colored "swoosh" so I am going to take care of that with my airbrush and give it the red color.

how much were thes and where did you get them? (nike mags)

The Nike Mags were on Ebay in September, where they auctioned 150 a day for 10 days, and all profits were donated to Michael J Fox's parkinson's charity.

The shoes all went for over $2K. I think the most expensive pair was bid up to around $5K.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back