hey guys

Dilligaf104

So im new to the site and cosplaying myself. I've made a few commission pieces for a few people in the past but ive never made a full suit. So im really wanting to build myself a full suit. iron man is my goal. so what im asking is 1. which iron man suit is the most new builder friendly.2. once I figure out which suit im gonna build can anyone help me out with the pep/foam files.

Read and use Google my friend. What's user friendly to one is not so to another. I would go with an armour that you gravitate towards. I find that once you choose one that YOU like then you are more inspired to achieve your goals. Lots of files around, just use the search bar or Google. Good luck to you bro...GM

well then I think ill go with mk42 I really like the contours. I've found a few files on here I'm just having difficulty downloading them

yeah I've got him bookmarked. he didn't have the helmet on their though. that or I just looked right past it. any tips on how I should od it Eva, or cardstock for my helmet I want it pretty rigid but the foam looks so much easier.

yeah I've got him bookmarked. he didn't have the helmet on their though. that or I just looked right past it. any tips on how I should od it Eva, or cardstock for my helmet I want it pretty rigid but the foam looks so much easier.
If you want the best detail, then I would go cardstock...GM

That's why many people start with others parts than the helmet/hands.
Above all enjoy the crafting process and perhaps print a picture of the MK42 to put in front of you while you're working on your suit.That's motivation for you

That's why many people start with others parts than the helmet/hands.
Above all enjoy the crafting process and perhaps print a picture of the MK42 to put in front of you while you're working on your suit.That's motivation for you
Hehehe everyone says that, and then we all start with the helmet. By time were done, we say CRAP that's why they say helmet for last lol. Don't touch the red button they said, well of course I pressed it. I'm human and curious...GM

Hehehe everyone says that, and then we all start with the helmet. By time were done, we say CRAP that's why they say helmet for last lol. Don't touch the red button they said, well of course I pressed it. I'm human and curious...GM

You are absolutely correct, I do it every time. I end up making two helmets for every suit. The first one because I'm excited and want to make the helmet first, then the second one after I've made everything else and realize the first helmet was not very good after all....

Foam vs. Cardstock tends to be personal preference. I lean more towards foam because I'm impatient... also I found a foam that I can fibreglass the inside of to make rigid. It's win win to me.

I think that with a foam build is that you tend to lose some detail, where as with a pep resin cardstock build you get a more refined crisp detailed look. Now with the greatest respect the the foam builders out there, who's builds are just awesome...GM

I would actually disagree with saving the helmet for last. My take is to start with the most difficult pieces first, especially those that are featured most prominently. That way you're less likely to cut corners because you're burned out or running out of time. The helmet is too important to not get the attention it needs. I actually built 4 versions of the helmet for my Iron Man suit before I moved on to the body. Of course, I haven't been doing this nearly as long as many of the great builders here so maybe I just haven't learned the right secrets yet.

As for foam vs. cardstock, I've only done foam and it was great to work with but I can definitely imagine that cardstock would provide a more crips and detailed finished product.

11377120_913963975316981_4810042038540202117_n.jpg11401346_913963961983649_301599347276235656_n.jpgwell there's an update for you guys almost done with the cardboard shell. i just need to make some spacers and clean it up a little bit.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back