Hero Phaser Scratchbuild

I've got another set of glass in the molds. I really don't want to do too many this way! It sucks! And I can only do one set a day. But it's all I can afford to do right now.

I cast a resin bezel too, tinted black.
P1030104.jpg

Some more taped together shots.
P1030105.jpg

P1030107.jpg

P1030111.jpg

P1030112.jpg

P1030113.jpg

Frak! I did a new set of shells without mold release, bad idea! It stuck to the rubber, and tore it apart. I'll have to make a new mold. At least it was the one I wasn't happy with.
P1030127.jpg

New mold is done and ready.
P1030144.jpg

I've been testing the use of fillers to thicken resin, hoping to use Task 3 for the shells. But the resin foams up with most fillers, because of moisture. This is a test using Task 3 with milled glass fiber. It did the same thing with Cabosil.
P1030137.jpg

The glass fiber works great with epoxy.
P1030138.jpg

P1030140.jpg

I was able to brush it in very thick, and it dried smooth and tough. Very tough, with no glass cloth needed. This is how I'll make the parts.

I also started a hero P1 build. This bottom shell was made with glass cloth, but I'll be using the milled glass from now on.
P1030145.jpg

P1030147.jpg

wow, was searching phaser threads for correct colors and came across this, fantastic build, and a really good demo for mold making and casting as well! TYVM and cant wait to see final!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back