Heritage of Controlled Flight - now truly done

Gigatron

Sr Member
Hey guys,

I'd been working on this for some time. I know I posted this once before, but now, thanks to the latest inclusion, it really is finished. I think I've captured the real turning points in human aviation.

EvolutionofFlight.jpg

Just a quick rundown of what's pictured:

Wright Flyer - Revell 1:39
Spirit of St. Louis - Revell 1:48
He-178 - Condor 1:48
Bell X-1 - Revell 1:32
X-15-A2 - Special Hobby 1:32
Shuttle and Stack - Revell 1:144

I'm calling this project done :cool

Now I can move along with my "History of the Blue Angels" project.

-Fred

Last edited:
Looks sweet having the new one in there Fred. Could do with an airship but when do you stop eh? Nice work.

See, that becomes the real kicker, because then you have to start deciding what constitutes controlled flight. Were the airships really controlled flight, or controlled hovering? Because then you could argue that the lunar return modules were controlled flight, because they had thrusters to angle the module during re-entry. It started to get too messy and too confusing, so I settled on the "tradtional" aircraft design.

You've got your own little Smithsonian, that is really cool.

Excellent models, great concept.

Thanks, James :cool

That would make for an interesting diorama - recreating the Smith's Air & Space museum, in a 3 wall/ceiling format. That would be damn cool... :love

-Fred

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back