help with my pep bio mask

crazyk187

I folded this bio and its done perfect but on the helm there are flat spots just from the way the pep file works......how can I make this a little bit more round....... I don't wanna use that that much bondo to fill the flat spots. Any ideas???

2011-08-15_23-50-38_115.jpg

2011-08-15_22-49-28_783.jpg

Only thing I can think of is fiberglass resining the back side So when I sand it won't go through the paper and if I do there will be fiberglass mat behind it.

I really just did not want to build up the bondo on the outside That thick.......the stuff cracks in my experience ...... the least amount of bondo you can put on it the better.....

I was referred here from the hunter's lair.......

Thanks so much

I think you will only need to bondo the top half of the bio, the bottom half I don't think really needs it but 1 or two coats of resin would work fine brushed on. Try using sheetrock putty instead of bondo I hear it works great.

Yeah I was only planning on returning the inside for strength. And then bondoing the outside for a paintable surface..... that was my point I don't want to use a lot of bondo. But need a more spherical shape!!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back