Help with chucky head

catielvargas83

Hello. I have been trying to figure out how to paint my chucky dolls teeth like this. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210809-172154_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-172154_Chrome.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 272
Do you have a picture of your dolls teeth?

Usually, when people paint teeth they use both washes and light dry-brushing of brown over the ivory color around the edges near the gums. It should be so faint that you barely see it, but enough to make it look like there's a bit of a shadow.

Do you have a picture of your dolls teeth?

Usually, when people paint teeth they use both washes and light dry-brushing of brown over the ivory color around the edges near the gums. It should be so faint that you barely see it, but enough to make it look like there's a bit of a shadow.
Here's a picture of my dolls teeth. I'm still working on the bruising of the scars which I'm having a problem with too. I'm very new to this

Attachments

• 20210810_113225.jpg
    20210810_113225.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 139
If you change the thread title to indicate you need help with painting a Chucky head you may get more people who can really help you interested in checking out the thread.

I've seen a few of the Chucky movies, but which movie is this one from?

Things look a little too pink and it's too uniform. It should be toned down a bit - possible with a wash of the color of the face mixed with a little bit of either red or brown, such as burnt umber or something similar.

Regarding the string sutures, it can be made to look slimmer by not painting them too dark and perhaps do a lighter shade out on the sides. Or, cut the down and drill holes and use real string.

For teeth you should start with an ivory color and then do light washes and drybrushing of brown. You can also do it the other way around - do the brown first and then slowly drybrush the ivory color on the teeth without going all the way out to the edges, so you leave a darker edge, which will make the teeth look more natural.

If you change the thread title to indicate you need help with painting a Chucky head you may get more people who can really help you interested in checking out the thread.

I've seen a few of the Chucky movies, but which movie is this one from?

Things look a little too pink and it's too uniform. It should be toned down a bit - possible with a wash of the color of the face mixed with a little bit of either red or brown, such as burnt umber or something similar.

Regarding the string sutures, it can be made to look slimmer by not painting them too dark and perhaps do a lighter shade out on the sides. Or, cut the down and drill holes and use real string.

For teeth you should start with an ivory color and then do light washes and drybrushing of brown. You can also do it the other way around - do the brown first and then slowly drybrush the ivory color on the teeth without going all the way out to the edges, so you leave a darker edge, which will make the teeth look more natural.
It's from the bride of chucky. I'm still working on everything. Thanks for all the suggestions

Much better. Much more subtle.

There are a few Chucky builds here on the forum. Could be an idea to search them out and see what other people have done.

So I finally finished my chucky. Not to bad for a first time custom painted chucky. Since the last picture I have finished painting him. And reattached his head.

Attachments

• 20210813_124632.jpg
    20210813_124632.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 328
  • 20210812_174149.jpg
    20210812_174149.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 172
  • 20210812_174156.jpg
    20210812_174156.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 187
  • 20210812_174203.jpg
    20210812_174203.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
  • 20210814_200203.jpg
    20210814_200203.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 124

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back