Help with a glowy fist

Xxblackbird

Sr Member
I'm looking for ideas for a fist that will glow, similar to Iron Fist.

My hands will be gloved, but the thinner they look, the better.

I'd like it to be visible in medium to natural light.

I've tried using colored led strips but the LEDs look like bright pimples.

it will be hard if you want to 'close' both to your skin and the leds..

usually some space and/or some sort of material to help diffuse it will get rid of the 'corn cob' effect you see.

What kind of glove are we talking here?

What are you doing with the battery source? (hiding it elsewhere and running some wires to the 'glove'?)

Perhaps look at fabricating some EL pieces and attaching to the glove?

I'm using thin white dress / opera style gloves. I want them to resemble opera gloves when I'm done and not flesh.
Right now it's a thin white glove with adhesive-backed orange led strips over it. There's a short in the right hand so I can't make a fist.
I have covered that with thin foam packing material.
I mixed white paint with liquid latex and painted over the foam.
I have a second thin dress glove over that.
There is a push button on the index finger that runs to an ecig smoker in the wrist.
That's all powered by a 12v battery in the sleeve.
With some cameras (like my phone camera) the effect looks pretty nice in normal light. With my wife's phone, it still looks pimply. In person it's a mix of both and too many light dots and dark spots.
I'm looking for alternative ideas from the ground-up or ideas how to better diffuse the led's to look more natural.
YXgKQQV.jpg

Check this thread out...

It might not be bright enough for you, but you would be able to get rid of the "pimple" effect by using an
Electroluminescent (EL) panel inside the glove. They're flexible panels that glow and can be cut to whatever size/shape you need, so you should be able to bend it to the shape of your hand and power it on.

I've never used them myself, but there was a Punished Props were they used it for an Arc Reactor. (Skip to 22:20 for them turning the finished one on as a comparison of how bright it actually is)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back