Help Please!! Need Advice Page 3!!

Re: Han Solo DL44 blaster Blast Tech

A guy named Uhu over at the card model forum made a brilliant version of this model and people are alway trying to figure out how to get the model. I've thought very seriously about giving this prop a go of my own. Can't wait to see your finished work.

Thanks for all the tips! When I get the denix, I'll post pics, and decide whether to repaint or not. I'll be ordering all the parts tomorrow, and getting paints and stuff when they arrive!

Re: Han Solo DL44 blaster Blast Tech Update

Hi all, just a quick update. I got the denix today, and all parts are on the way. One thing-there is a sort of greasy finish on the mauser. is this normal? its just a bit slippery. Really cool item though. RPF won't let me post pics ATM

Last edited:

Yes. It is coming from the slide area. If you want to try to clean it off a bit, you can pull the slide back then have someone tighten the screw under the barrel. As you tighten, it will keep the slide from going back in.

Thanks mate. Can't wait to start assembling when the parts come.

Yes. It is coming from the slide area. If you want to try to clean it off a bit, you can pull the slide back then have someone tighten the screw under the barrel. As you tighten, it will keep the slide from going back in.

Last edited:

Hey guys,

So i finally got all the parts, and I sawed the front sight off. I slid the flash hider on, and it won't go any further. It only needs to go about another inch onto the barrel. Any advice on what to do? Flash hider was bought from evolution props, if that helps.

Thanks!

I did not have that flash hinder but I had one that was pressure fit like that. I put the blaster in the garage floor with the hinder down and banged the back of the gun's body with a rubber mallet. That might be your solution.

However, you need to judge if you think that will work before you do it. I do not know how tight it is now but if you can still remove the hinder, you may want to consider sanding down the barrel slightly to give it more room. Because if you start banging on it and it does not not go as far as you want, you probably will not get it back off to try sanding it.

Never hammer on anything if you don´t know in advance that it will help.

Take a caliper (a cheap digital one, everyone can read them) and measure the barrel at the point where you want the end of the flashhider. Then measure the inner diameter of the flashhiders hole.

Have it redrilled by a machinist if these 2 numbers don´t fit cause the hole is to small and some light sanding isn´t enough. He might make it for free, or maybe for 5$ in the coffee cash box.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll probably file down the barrel, as it only needs to go down an inch more. That should do the trick. I would take it to a machine shop, but I'd risk ruining it. Will update soon, I'm currently really busy during the week.

I would take it to a machine shop, but I'd risk ruining it.

Not really, they have the tools and the knowledge, it´s their daily business to do such stuff. Usually they would put it in a lathes chuck, and drill or turn only the inner diameter a tad bigger. Something like i did with mine, too:
Bastelei030.jpg

This:

I'll probably file down the barrel, as it only needs to go down an inch more.

is way more risky.

hey Fellas!

So I FINALLY found time to work on it, filed down the barrel, and slid the flash hider on. How far down should it go? Currently the end nearest the gun is 6 cm, maybe a little less, away from the magazine.

Thanks!

Re: Han Solo DL44 blaster NEW PICS PAGE 3!!!! Please Reply!

Hey guys, long time no talk! Finall got a chance to post pics. Holes are all tapped, barrel is sanded! All that is left is to prime and paint. Pictures for your viewing pleasure!!

Quick question. Does the gun seem too long to you guys? I could fix that, just need a second opinion. IF so, how much shorter should it be? Imperial ruler and my thumb are in picture for comparison. FYI, thumb is about 3 in long from knuckle to tip.

And, the scope mount seems to swivel. Is it because of the 1/8 inch rubber washer between the scope mount and gun? How can I fix the swiveling?

SOO close to finishing!

Please Reply!!

I do not know the correct length.

With that being said... for that style, I always try to keep the it so that once the muzzle was in place, it ended at the same place the original barrel did.

Thanks. It ended up being about what you said, but maybe a centimeter shorter than that. I will post pics this weekend, in school right now!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back