Help Please!! Need Advice Page 3!!

iBuster08

Hi all, new member, longtime lurker

I'm looking to get a DL44 blaster from the empire strikes back(yes, ive seen ALL the threads) and I was wondering how screen accurate and well built the ones from blast-tech.com are. I figure its worth the extra 10-20 for them to build it. Anyone know how good they are?

Last edited:
Re: Han Solo DL44 blaster Blast Tech

I have bought parts from them before. I got an ANH scope and mounting bracket.

The thing is very well machined and anodized, very nice weight and definitely does not feel breakable in any way whatsoever. I can't vouch for the accuracy down to the .001 of an inch like some people around here can, but I believe it to be screen accurate in the basic sense.

The scope is solid (you can't look through it), which I guess adds to the weight.

Having them build it for you might be a wise choice, unless you want to end up Gorilla glueing it like I did :rolleyes

Short answer: I highly recommend them.

As far as accuracy, I would rate favorable but not perfect. However, for a first time blaster owner/builder, what you lack in accuracy, you make up in quality and affordability.

If you do the build yourself, there are always little things here and there you can do to make it a better looking replica. Plus you can always try to purchase a real scope or maybe find a better looking knob to replace the ones from the kit.

He doesn't have a lot in stock in the way of blasters. I talked to him a month or so ago about it. I know he's not carrying the blasters themselves anymore. I'd just send him an email to see what he has. Hes pretty quick to respond and he's really nice and helpful

Thanks for the replies! So are you saying he won't build them anymore? If not, I could do it I guess. Is there anyone here who could build it for me? And I'm glad it's well built and accurate.

Thanks for the replies! So are you saying he won't build them anymore? If not, I could do it I guess. Is there anyone here who could build it for me? And I'm glad it's well built and accurate.

The best person to answer those questions is BlastTech. He's a great fellow so drop him a line and see what his situation is.

If he can't help, then look for other options.

Regards

MARK

Thanks. I emailed him yesterday so i hope to get a reply soon. Trying not to be too anxious...

Got a reply from him. He says he no longer sells denix replicas or completed blasters. He does sell conversion parts, but is out of stock on some pieces. So it looks like I've gotta build it. Is there anyone here who could build it, or at least give me some advice?

Got a reply from him. He says he no longer sells denix replicas or completed blasters. He does sell conversion parts, but is out of stock on some pieces. So it looks like I've gotta build it. Is there anyone here who could build it, or at least give me some advice?

All advice i can give, i´ve given in my various blaster-build-threads - and you said already in you first post you´ve read all threads. :D

Try to build it on your own instead paying someone for building it - it´s not that hard, it´s fun. And it will hone your skills for future builds.

I assume you are from the US - Denix should be available there, too.

Thanks! I guess I'll give it a shot. I'll try to update when I can.

Good luck - if there are any questions, don´t hesitate to post them. We all (at least the most) will try to help.

After all you will notice it´s much more satisfying to show things you build by yourself - instead of just buying them.

At the very least, all you need is a drill and a hacksaw. If you have the ability to tap a hole then I would recommend that as well but it is not mandatory.

I can recommend some optional things to do to build to increase the accuracy, just ask when you want to know.

Which ESB blaster are you doing Han or Han/Luke shared?

The blast tech scope mount is anodized black. If you can, I would suggest you see if he can send you one that is bare. Anodized is nice if you are doing a pristine blaster but if you want it weathered like the prop, it is a real pain in the butt to sand through that layer of anodizing.

At the very least, all you need is a drill and a hacksaw. If you have the ability to tap a hole then I would recommend that as well but it is not mandatory.

I can recommend some optional things to do to build to increase the accuracy, just ask when you want to know.

Which ESB blaster are you doing Han or Han/Luke shared?

The blast tech scope mount is anodized black. If you can, I would suggest you see if he can send you one that is bare. Anodized is nice if you are doing a pristine blaster but if you want it weathered like the prop, it is a real pain in the butt to sand through that layer of anodizing.

Thanks for the tips. I'll let you know if I need any advice. I'll be doing the han blaster from ESB. Good tip about the scope mount, BTW. Wouldn't have known otherwise. I'll be getting the detail pieces on the left side of the blaster as well.( I actually found them somewhere, couldn't believe it.)

Good luck - if there are any questions, don´t hesitate to post them. We all (at least the most) will try to help.

After all you will notice it´s much more satisfying to show things you build by yourself - instead of just buying them.

Thanks, and I'm sure building it will be fun.

I'll be doing the han blaster from ESB.

Hoth?

esb-Hothdl-44012.jpg

Or Bespin version?

PB210012.jpg

Lichtbringer, I think you should clarify to iBuster08 that the parts on your blaster are not Blast-Tech (unless they made major changes to what they used to sell or pictured on their website). Otherwise you may confuse him to what he might receive.

Wow. Those are really nice. Awesome job. Most likely the bespin, as it looks to be the kind of scope bolt/mount they sell. Is the mount the only major difference between the two?

And thank you for clarifying Mara Jade's father. Good to know.

From what I understand, the real barrel of the mauser is uncut with the site ground off. The suppressor is pressure fitted over the barrel and the end come to about the end of the mauser. However, on the blastec, you cut off part of the barrel and secure the supressor to the barrel with an allen screw on the underside of the supressor. If you get the blastech, one of the suggestons it to add either a piece of the end of the cut off barrel inside the suppressor or some other tube like doo hicky so it looks like the barrel is showing.

@ MJF: Ah, yeah, sorry for any confusion caused due my post - the above are my selfmade, i just used the pics for showing the obvious differencies. My Bespin mount was my first try on it, not really accurate (most others i´ve seen are not, too), the one from the pic is gone to the US as a free gift .

@ iBuster08: Yeah, the mount´s have slighly different sizes/shapes, and the knobs were different, too. As far as i know the other side is identical on both.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back