Help identifying hardware

Abbytates

I'm just finishing up my replica of River Song's communicator/scanner seen in Doctor Who. The last detail I'm having trouble with are the flat thin pieces of hardware that sit diagonal on the face of the device. I just can't identify them, or find anything close, and when I tried to make some to look like them I wasn't satisfied with the outcome.

They are the pieces to the left of the screen in this screencap.

river.jpg

I've looked for a while now, any suggestions would be appreciated!

The closest thing I can think of would be something you would put on the back of a picture frame to hold everything in place. Have you tried taking the picture to a hardware store and asking if they have anything like it?

Thanks! I have, I've visited every one in town and they don't have any ideas. My dad is also an electrician of about 30 years, and I've comepletely stumped him as well.

Anyway, I went out today and got some higher quality metal and I'm sitting down with my smallest files right now and giving it another go at making them!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back