Help identifying hardware


New Member
I'm just finishing up my replica of River Song's communicator/scanner seen in Doctor Who. The last detail I'm having trouble with are the flat thin pieces of hardware that sit diagonal on the face of the device. I just can't identify them, or find anything close, and when I tried to make some to look like them I wasn't satisfied with the outcome.

They are the pieces to the left of the screen in this screencap.


I've looked for a while now, any suggestions would be appreciated!


Sr Member
The closest thing I can think of would be something you would put on the back of a picture frame to hold everything in place. Have you tried taking the picture to a hardware store and asking if they have anything like it?


New Member
Thanks! I have, I've visited every one in town and they don't have any ideas. My dad is also an electrician of about 30 years, and I've comepletely stumped him as well.

Anyway, I went out today and got some higher quality metal and I'm sitting down with my smallest files right now and giving it another go at making them!
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.