Help choosing a slip ring for a Ghostbusters Afterlife proton pack.

MattBryce

I'm building a Ghostbusters afterlife proton pack and want to do the actual spinning Cyclone lights as seen in the movie but I'm unsure what slip size slip ring to go for, does anyone know what the measurements for a slip ring refer to as I can't find any diagrams or anything showing how they are measured.

For example this one says 12.5mm but don't know what part that measurement references and don't want to end up buying one either to small or to large

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220729-204823~2.png
    Screenshot_20220729-204823~2.png
    746.3 KB · Views: 110
I'm building a Ghostbusters afterlife proton pack and want to do the actual spinning Cyclone lights as seen in the movie but I'm unsure what slip size slip ring to go for, does anyone know what the measurements for a slip ring refer to as I can't find any diagrams or anything showing how they are measured.

For example this one says 12.5mm but don't know what part that measurement references and don't want to end up buying one either to small or to large

I used this Taidecent 3 wire / 10A / with a 22mm diameter. If you look at the images of the amazon listing, it shows you the dimensions of the part.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QRSNHKR/

Here is a photo of it installed in my pack.
Pack 51.jpg

I used this Taidecent 3 wire / 10A / with a 22mm diameter. If you look at the images of the amazon listing, it shows you the dimensions of the part.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QRSNHKR/

Here is a photo of it installed in my pack.
View attachment 1611184
Oh wow thank you, I actually baught a similar one to that just the other day off banggood but it has 6 wires even though I won't be using most of them although I will be using addressable LEDS so I can play with the colour, waiting for it to arrive so hopefully it works out, great mechanical cyclotron btw

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back