Ghostbusters Afterlife Protonpack found Parts and Haslabpack upgrades

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I bought a Haslab Afterlife Protonpack a while ago and wanna upgrade it a little bit(or more) to make it more screenaccurate.
I have the really cool pics of the heropack that Adam made(thanks a lot for that.).So from the picsside I´m fine.
But I need help with the found parts so far please...first this part...is it found?

1.jpg

But I need help with the found parts so far please...first this part...is it found?

Yes and no. It's the rainbow ribbon cable, which was a found part back in the 80s for the original Ghostbusters. It's dirtied up a bit more for Afterlife, and maybe even twisted a little tighter. It's incredibly difficult and expensive to find, but a perfect copy was reproduced for Ghostbusters fans and offered by the community in the GBfans.com Shop a few years ago, but I don't see it there anymore; just the GB2 version. Which is no less legitimate. :)

I recommend you check out GBfans.com, if you're not already familiar with it. Lots of pack parts in the shop, and the exhaustive forums also have some DIY cables of the GB1 version.

Good luck!

EDIT: Upon closer review, I do believe that's the GB2 ribbon cable on the Afterlife pack. No, it's GB1. The GB2 ribbon is perfectly decent, and it's what I used on on my non-Afterlife pack. GBfans has them!

Last edited:
The correct ribbon comes and goes from production. Individuals make them in small batches and when they are gone they are gone for a while. You could either wait until one becomes available again (will require a lot of attention) or you can attempt to make your own. Most replicas are made out of wide clear vinyl tape and the individual wires laid in place with some sort of rig to keep them in line. It would take time to source the correct wire colors but altogether not any longer then waiting for a run to happen.

Thanks guys...any other found parts to make the pack more screenaccurate?

It really depends on what you mean by "found parts", as it can have a couple meanings, at least to me:

1. If you mean "original parts that were found (and not manufactured) while building the original props for the movie", I think you will be hard pressed to find much. It's been about 40 years, and that will be long, expensive work.

2. If you mean "parts that I can go find myself that are VERY close and easy to source", then I can really help you. I built my proton pack with many such parts. You can see my exhaustive build thread at GBFans to see where I found every little piece. But NONE OF THEM are authentic original "found parts" from 1984. Here's the link:

Hope that helps!
Bill

Thanks and great build,man! (y)

But I wanna update my Haslab Afterlife pack.The Afterlife pack is not 40 years old,so it should be easyer to find parts for it,right?

Thanks and great build,man! (y)

But I wanna update my Haslab Afterlife pack.The Afterlife pack is not 40 years old,so it should be easyer to find parts for it,right?

Thanks!

Yes, fair point. But in this age of 3D printing, I would also not be surprised if many parts for it were 3D printed. I haven't seen much on the RPF about sourcing those parts.

Either way, the Afterlife pack is intended to be an in-universe mod of the original packs. So sourcing as much as you can for an old-style pack will possibly get you pretty close.

Overall I´m really happy with the pack.
And I´m looking for the right metal parts and screws to build the aliceframe with right distance on the pack.Also the foamroll for the frame.
Aside from some weathering inside and outside I wanna replace/upgrade this areas of the pack:

0000.jpg

Here is the real heropack:

IMG_0639.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back