Helmet attachment to undermask

GuanYu

Hi fellow preds,

I am new here and already ordered a monsteroom half mask and some helmet. I hope you can help and advise on how to attach the bio helmet to the latex undermask and prevent it from fall off accidentally. What do you guys and gal normally use to attach them.

And by the way, anyone know what is the mechanics or principles that holds the helmet to the preds face as it is suppose to be in the story?

I look forward to your advise.

Thank you.
David

U can use magnets attached behind latex mask and another stick to the Bio Helmet.This is how they do it in the movies
Others use velcro but must stick to mask & Helmet which will ruin the latex surface.

Thanks you!

Any of you doing it differently? :D

Also, in the Sci fi technology/ story, how it is attached to pred face? By suction?
actually I attached my bio a litlle bit diefferent but my project is different ,I have not un undermask is just my face instead , I'll show at the right moment for now is still in work!
and I think yes ;is by suction , it seems to be!

magnets are the way to go if you are using a full mask...that way you can remove the helmet to reveal the whole face ...however, if you are using a half mask and the purpose is to have some more breathing room while doing the bio/head combo, I recommend using industrial velcro ...you can cover more surface area that way

How do you prevent the helmet scratching the paint on the mask?

magnets are the way to go if you are using a full mask...that way you can remove the helmet to reveal the whole face ...however, if you are using a half mask and the purpose is to have some more breathing room while doing the bio/head combo, I recommend using industrial velcro ...you can cover more surface area that way

honestly, if you are wearing a half mask then the only paint that is going to show is around the edges of the bio...anything that gets covered by the helmet ...well...I guess it doesnt matter if the paint scratches. My half mask has 3 strips of industrial velcro and my own face poking out of it when the helmet is off.....when its on...I'm a pred. If you are getting a monsteroom mask ....dont worry so much, the paintjob is built to last.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back