Heir to the Empire Disney + first film

Oh, I'm aware. I was just saying what they ought to do. Not what they will do. One is the ideal, the other is the reality. Se la vie.

I thought I spelled that wrong. Lol.

I'd hazard a guess and imagine they've earned their investment back and then some. I'm not against businesses profiting. I just feel it shouldn't be at the expense of quality story telling.

If one had the infinity time stone the first thing any responsible fan would do would be to go back in time and take out make sure Kathleen Kennedy was never born.

I thought I spelled that wrong. Lol.

I'd hazard a guess and imagine they've earned their investment back and then some. I'm not against businesses profiting. I just feel it shouldn't be at the expense of quality story telling.
It's their property, they can do anything they want with it. Your only recourse is not to support them and to ignore the crap they produce.

They can do whatever they want with their own property. All I'm suggesting is that they risk their business by making bad creative choices because they can (and have as far as I'm concerned) sullied the brand. I do vote with my wallet, BTW. The last purchase I made of any official Star Wars anything (as far as I recall) was a ticket to see TLJ.

Last edited:
They can do whatever they want with their own property. All I'm suggesting is that they risk their business by making bad creative choices because they can (and have as far as I'm concerned) sullied the brand. I do vote with my wallet, BTW. The last purchase I made of any official Star Wars anything (as far as I recall) was a ticket to see TLJ.
The last theatrical penny Star Wars got of my money was a ticket to Phantom Menace. They haven't earned it since.

It's interesting pointing out how terrible this garbage is. That's it. I'd love it if Star Wars was good still. It just isn't.
Then my next questions are: do we stop making any series/movies altogether?
Or: can we "repair" the damages and start "anew"?
My preference would be to stop the dilution; it's starting to have that "Je ne sais quoi" taste of an un-descripted piece of carrion left to rot by the "Vulture Corp.":(:sick:
I must admit that the Mandalorian series has still some "good" in it...and lets me hope that it'll get better. But more and more, the format has reached the "Cheap serial from the '30s" feel and that's not helping the franchise as a whole...:rolleyes:

I've said it literally for years now. While I personally I don't feel the need for any more Star Wars stories, I can see the potential for more and it's clear the demand is there. The key to it's survival is venturing outside the norm. The Mandalorian Season 1 is proof that it can be done. It didn't fit in with the prexisting mold of the Saga films. It told a new story outside the direct Rebellion/ Empire conflict and it didn't have to rely on known characters. They need to start telling genre stories within the trappings of the galaxy far, far away. I don't think it's really fair to claim Star Wars fans hate Star Wars, so much as they hate the way it's potential is wasted over and over again. Fans wouldn't get so bent out of shape if they didn't care. If they really hated it they wouldn't bother to discuss it.

I've said it literally for years now. While I personally I don't feel the need for any more Star Wars stories, I can see the potential for more and it's clear the demand is there. The key to it's survival is venturing outside the norm. The Mandalorian Season 1 is proof that it can be done. It didn't fit in with the prexisting mold of the Saga films. It told a new story outside the direct Rebellion/ Empire conflict and it didn't have to rely on known characters. They need to start telling genre stories within the trappings of the galaxy far, far away. I don't think it's really fair to claim Star Wars fans hate Star Wars, so much as they hate the way it's potential is wasted over and over again. Fans wouldn't get so bent out of shape if they didn't care. If they really hated it they wouldn't bother to discuss it.
Step 1: Get out of the existing time frames.

The 'big' of the era from TPM through RoS has been told. You can do small Mando stuff in the openings I guess, but you kind of do get stuck there. I don't have a problem with Mando going with the liberation of Mandalore if that's what they want, but that's as big as you can get. Ahsoka being the search for ezra, etc...great.

IF (big if) if they intend on try to build and build to a mega event or new series of movies - get out of the existing time frame. It'll always be over shadowed by Luke or Anakin or Vader or whomever. That was the biggest mistake of the ST. It should never have be a ST - it should have been a new one. Jump it out 1-200 years or more (or a 1000) and go from there. If you want luke, let someone find a holocron or something. Hell, force ghost works at that point as well, you get your tie in and you don't have to step on or throw out what came before.

Make good characters and tell good stories. People will respond well to it.

Seems like these guys can't tell 'their story', they have to make some grand epic. If you want to stay in the existing timeline, you've got to temper your goal. You can build up and maybe do crossover things to retake mandalore. You'll have tie in's from Mando, BoBF, and Ahsoka (sabine), but you have to hold it there. I think Filoni is capable of doing that. Rebels stayed within itself. Clone Wars didn't, but it was supposed to be filling in what wasn't in the prequels. The finale' was largely Ahsoka's story and that was a great 4 parter.

The formula isn't rocket science
Get of the existing timeline or make sure to focus exclusively on YOUR story
Make it good
Develop the characters
Stay in your lane

The execution seems to get be the hard part as everyone gets starry eyed.

Then my next questions are: do we stop making any series/movies altogether?
Or: can we "repair" the damages and start "anew"?
My preference would be to stop the dilution; it's starting to have that "Je ne sais quoi" taste of an un-descripted piece of carrion left to rot by the "Vulture Corp.":(:sick:
I must admit that the Mandalorian series has still some "good" in it...and lets me hope that it'll get better. But more and more, the format has reached the "Cheap serial from the '30s" feel and that's not helping the franchise as a whole...:rolleyes:
I don't want them to stop making movies, I want them to stop making BAD movies. I want them to care about the subject matter and put out high quality products. That's the problem with most companies today. They don't look at themselves as the stewards of a quality franchise, it's just something to stamp on a lunchbox for profit.

I don't want them to stop making movies, I want them to stop making BAD movies. I want them to care about the subject matter and put out high quality products. That's the problem with most companies today. They don't look at themselves as the stewards of a quality franchise, it's just something to stamp on a lunchbox for profit.
I understand/agree with your critique(y) Then we can surely put this type of behavior to "arrogance".:(
Arrogance for the franchise as a whole!
Arrogance for the fans comes, logically, right after the first step!
I think that, besides writing intelligent stories, you should come into the franchise with humility. I know; it may sounds a bit much of a word, but I believe it's the first step one has to take to tackle any stories pertaining to that behemoth we call the StarWars Universe.

The ST was largely disappointing to me, but there has been plenty of Star Wars content these past 10 years I have enjoyed. Clone Wars, Rebels, Fallen Order, Mandalorian S1/2, Rogue One, Solo, some of the BoBF. I truly believe the people making those cared. Hell, the PT isn't well regarded here and it was made by George.

Star Wars is just a complicated franchise. Its a vast franchise spanning 40 years with three different trilogies and many generations of fans who all like different stuff. I mean we have 30 year old adults that grew up with the PT as their preferred trilogy and are every bit the passionate fan as anyone else.

I agree that above all, I just want good Star Wars stories. But I know many only want a very specific type of story. And I definitely don’t understand why people would want them to stop making new stories all together. The OT will always be there to watch whenever we want.

The ST was largely disappointing to me, but there has been plenty of Star Wars content these past 10 years I have enjoyed. Clone Wars, Rebels, Fallen Order, Mandalorian S1/2, Rogue One, Solo, some of the BoBF. I truly believe the people making those cared. Hell, the PT isn't well regarded here and it was made by George.

Star Wars is just a complicated franchise. Its a vast franchise spanning 40 years with three different trilogies and many generations of fans who all like different stuff. I mean we have 30 year old adults that grew up with the PT as their preferred trilogy and are every bit the passionate fan as anyone else.

I agree that above all, I just want good Star Wars stories. But I know many only want a very specific type of story. And I definitely don’t understand why people would want them to stop making new stories all together. The OT will always be there to watch whenever we want.
The only one of all of that that I can say I enjoyed was Rogue One. Granted, I don't consume most Star Wars content because, as I've said before, the franchise died in 1983 with Return of the Jedi and I honestly have very little interest in anything that comes beyond that, mostly because everything has been so singularly awful. I have no problem making it a closed loop forever, at least until someone can put out a worthy successor. They have done bad for so long that they need to prove to me that they can do good and so far, they haven't come close very often.

I don't want them to stop making stories. I want them to stop making crap. There is a big difference.

The only one of all of that that I can say I enjoyed was Rogue One. Granted, I don't consume most Star Wars content because, as I've said before, the franchise died in 1983 with Return of the Jedi and I honestly have very little interest in anything that comes beyond that, mostly because everything has been so singularly awful. I have no problem making it a closed loop forever, at least until someone can put out a worthy successor. They have done bad for so long that they need to prove to me that they can do good and so far, they haven't come close very often.

I don't want them to stop making stories. I want them to stop making crap. There is a big difference.
The thing is though, who and what defines crap? As mentioned previously, Star Wars different things to different people these days. For some, Star Wars is the OT and the OT only, others it's the OT and the old EU, then there's people for whom Star Wars is the PT, while for a lot of kids growing up now it's all about the ST. There's just no way that Disney is going to be able to satisfy everybody and if they all of sudden manage to figure out what makes things not crap for you it might wind up being like crap for others who had no problems with any of the new Star Wars.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back