image.jpg

I also did some slight alterations to the front cover to make it more accurate. I’m gonna make the spine thinner so the blue doesn’t take up all that room on the front.

Hey man, just wanted to give you an update.
ITS (95%) FINISHED
I’ve tried to get as close to accurate as possible. At some points I did end up giving up on trying to find certain things because it’s really difficult because of the low res images and little to no info about the journal. So overall I think it looks pretty good. The only thing I wish I had done was probably take more time with it because it only took me 3 days to do (I was pretty much rushing the entire time because I have other projects I would like to get to). And of course because I rushed, it looks a little rushed. There’s always room for improvement though. The reason why it’s 95% complete is because I still need to scatter the joker cards throughout the journal and put that red tape to make the blue part of the spine look thinner. Otherwise, here it is!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 833
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 764
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 708
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,097
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,547
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 705
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,007
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 762
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 439
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 693
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 756
Hey man, just wanted to give you an update.
ITS (95%) FINISHED
I’ve tried to get as close to accurate as possible. At some points I did end up giving up on trying to find certain things because it’s really difficult because of the low res images and little to no info about the journal. So overall I think it looks pretty good. The only thing I wish I had done was probably take more time with it because it only took me 3 days to do (I was pretty much rushing the entire time because I have other projects I would like to get to). And of course because I rushed, it looks a little rushed. There’s always room for improvement though. The reason why it’s 95% complete is because I still need to scatter the joker cards throughout the journal and put that red tape to make the blue part of the spine look thinner. Otherwise, here it is!!
Well, I know someone that knew heath ledger and helped him in the journal. He stated heath put Cheshire cats smiles all in it and he also puts graphic photos of it such as a kid skinning a rabbit. Take that as you wisj

Well, I know someone that knew heath ledger and helped him in the journal. He stated heath put Cheshire cats smiles all in it and he also puts graphic photos of it such as a kid skinning a rabbit. Take that as you wisj
I’ll see how I can incorporate that into my journal

image.jpg

(Sorry about the awful lighting and glare)
Now I can officially say it’s 100% done. I added more detail to the spine using textured blue tape that is a more accurate color. I’m not gonna put the joker cards inside because it looks messy. I may go in it from time to time and sketch out the smileys and Cheshire cats in some of the many empty pages but other then that nothing really needs to be added. To me it looks 10x more accurate with the new color scheme then it did before. That’s really it for my replica, keep me posted on your progress and I’ll always be willing to help you out if you need information on anything inside (oh and I may get a display case for it).
Thanks for all your helpful insight throughout this project!!!

View attachment 1461352
(Sorry about the awful lighting and glare)
Now I can officially say it’s 100% done. I added more detail to the spine using textured blue tape that is a more accurate color. I’m not gonna put the joker cards inside because it looks messy. I may go in it from time to time and sketch out the smileys and Cheshire cats in some of the many empty pages but other then that nothing really needs to be added. To me it looks 10x more accurate with the new color scheme then it did before. That’s really it for my replica, keep me posted on your progress and I’ll always be willing to help you out if you need information on anything inside (oh and I may get a display case for it).
Thanks for all your helpful insight throughout this project!!!
I actually like the glare. It shows the texture and yeah the spine looks better. And thank you. The main issue I'll have is I don't have ink for my printer so I'm not sure where to get the photos printed out and such. But I still need a a bunch lol. Silver marker, print out the cover and photos inside, gotta buy those specific joker cards he used, Yada Yada Yada. Anyways, youre welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it

Hey, do you have any more updates
Not really no, I did find a good way to display the thing but I never found anything more about it. I’ve been thrifting a lot though to see if I can find an unused copy of the composition book, but I’ve had no luck .

Not really no, I did find a good way to display the thing but I never found anything more about it. I’ve been thrifting a lot though to see if I can find an unused copy of the composition book, but I’ve had no luck .
Good luck finding the real book, it's practically impossible. I'm working on mine at the moment

I stumbled upon this thread randomly a few hours ago while researching what kind of shoes the Joker in TDK lol
I've been fascinated by Heath's Joker diary ever since I learned of its existence (like 7+ years ago), so it's very nice to see there are more of us out there.
The idea of making a replica never crossed my mind but you two have inspired me to attempt to make my own. It'll be something pretty outside of my comfort zone since I'm not a very crafty person, nor do I have much prop making experience BUT my love of Heath's portrayal of the character is bigger than my insecurities haha.
If you guys have any tips or more images from the diary (or of the diary itself) they would be very much appreciated!
Wish me luck! :')

I stumbled upon this thread randomly a few hours ago while researching what kind of shoes the Joker in TDK lol
I've been fascinated by Heath's Joker diary ever since I learned of its existence (like 7+ years ago), so it's very nice to see there are more of us out there.
The idea of making a replica never crossed my mind but you two have inspired me to attempt to make my own. It'll be something pretty outside of my comfort zone since I'm not a very crafty person, nor do I have much prop making experience BUT my love of Heath's portrayal of the character is bigger than my insecurities haha.
If you guys have any tips or more images from the diary (or of the diary itself) they would be very much appreciated!
Wish me luck! :')
The diary itself dosnt have many photos but we know a few things inside. Heath describes it as a collective groups of cut out comic panels from comic books that match the story. Some of his inspirations were a serious house on a serious earth and batman #663, photos of ventriloquist dummy as he took inspiration from those, he probably has things in there from jacks joker, long paragraph about specific things from the jokers characteristics. Polaroids of his first ever makeup attempt, photos of him as joker, I've added some dark jokes, a new comic and a new paragraph. The whole original script is in there, some pages are named and highlighted. Most likely has something in there about the mob, maybe 1920s.

i have 3 original Eeboo books in hand at home. 2 of them my kids used for art and journals and I have one blank one if anyone is interested in detailed pics or specs of it.

Some pics my wife just sent me

Attachments

• D59E4C7B-13AA-4534-A159-D50142AA10E7.jpeg
    D59E4C7B-13AA-4534-A159-D50142AA10E7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 389
  • 88832A75-83D9-4763-BD7A-46F7D4E3BD00.jpeg
    88832A75-83D9-4763-BD7A-46F7D4E3BD00.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 359
  • EC9C693A-7C45-42B1-80D1-3238F294F363.jpeg
    EC9C693A-7C45-42B1-80D1-3238F294F363.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 228
  • 81A8F53A-E850-4758-8285-8AC046DAFEB9.jpeg
    81A8F53A-E850-4758-8285-8AC046DAFEB9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 353
  • DB10233F-18FD-4036-8D13-D96463AD935D.jpeg
    DB10233F-18FD-4036-8D13-D96463AD935D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 330

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back