Head Goonie Back to the Future Denim Jacket (2021)

I think I got reasonably lucky with my jacket as it’s not too dark on the grey (the blue is not as opaque as it probably needs to be though). I’m not sure if mine was perhaps faded more than some others but I’m reasonably happy that over the years it will fade nicely. Also, I believe the ‘mark’ where the Guess Tag was is the colour of the original Black Ox denim prior to being faded by HG. You can also see how it was only slightly faded on the interior lapel (not sure what to call it) in comparison to the front grey pieces of the jacket

Attachments

• 0D24354D-83FC-46E4-A117-8A355BAA3050.jpeg
    0D24354D-83FC-46E4-A117-8A355BAA3050.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 250
  • 755E85C6-2AF1-40B4-B336-7E42184C9E8E.jpeg
    755E85C6-2AF1-40B4-B336-7E42184C9E8E.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 337
I tested some hydrogen peroxide on a pair of old jeans and I see no difference at all. I might have to go a step beyond and use bleach. Just not sure how much to use.

So bleach makes this jacket yellow. I tested a small portion of it on the inside where it's not noticeable unless you know where it is. So that's a no go.
Looks like the only option is washing or fading over time. I’m content with that as I don’t think the grey is bad.

There is always the option of contacting Headgoonie and asking what process they used to fade the black ox denim?

I’ve attached a picture of the jacket before they faded the black ox denim. As you can see it was very dark so they made have used industrial chemicals to achieve the tate ochi fade?

Attachments

• A91202FA-9FA6-405F-B9A4-976EEF0D6281.jpeg
    A91202FA-9FA6-405F-B9A4-976EEF0D6281.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Is there a name for the type of fade this jacket has received when being constructed? It starts out as a very dark denim that gets faded somehow by them. I need to narrow my research.

I also noticed that the pockets on mine are slightly lighter in comparison with the other grey parts of the jacket. Anyone else notices that? It isn't the room lighting, as I have compared it side by side as well.

Attachments

• 20211215_070813.jpg
    20211215_070813.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 188
I tested some hydrogen peroxide on a pair of old jeans and I see no difference at all. I might have to go a step beyond and use bleach. Just not sure how much to use.
Potassium Permanganate is probably a better option if you can get a hold of some. It's what denim companies use.

You could also try UV exposure while the hydrogen peroxide is on it... or a higher concentration of hydrogen peroxide.

Potassium Permanganate is probably a better option if you can get a hold of some. It's what denim companies use.

You could also try UV exposure while the hydrogen peroxide is on it... or a higher concentration of hydrogen peroxide.
How would one go about applying Potassium Permanganate? Quick search says it's a powder.

Mix it down with water from what I've been told. But verify that and test it on something other than the jacket if you do try it.
Right. I did more searching after my last comment and a liquid form for purchase does exist. $23 for 500ml. Im not sure if I have the knowledge and skill to use this product but if I get annoyed at how dark the jacket is enough I might just try it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back