Head Goonie Back to the Future Denim Jacket (2021)

not yet. But over time I might be more and more tempted.

Here are some quick pics of my jacket that arrived this morning including 1 compared to my lightened Max Cady and 1 compared to the period Guess vest.
While photo results can be vary... what do you think it looks like in hand? is the grey as dark as we all suspect? the blue is also isn't that strong either i guess, kinda losing against the grey?

While photo results can be vary... what do you think it looks like in hand? is the grey as dark as we all suspect? the blue is also isn't that strong either i guess, kinda losing against the grey?
In bright light it definitely looks right, in normal light its definitely dark but not as bad as I think everyone is making it out to be. I honestly think a wash or two will even it out enough for my taste, but your mileage will vary.

...I'm seriously over the moon with this jacket overall.

In bright light it definitely looks right, in normal light its definitely dark but not as bad as I think everyone is making it out to be. I honestly think a wash or two will even it out enough for my taste, but your mileage will vary.

...I'm seriously over the moon with this jacket overall.
Would you say that the actual color dye on the main parts has blue in it, or is it actually a grey/black dye?

Would you say that the actual color dye on the main parts has blue in it, or is it actually a grey/black dye?
Looks like a grey and white mix between the warp and weft. I can't easily make out any blue in it, but it's a cooler grey. So it's got that going for it. lol

Looks like a grey and white mix between the warp and weft. I can't easily make out any blue in it, but it's a cooler grey. So it's got that going for it. lol
Hmm. Well let's hope that fading it makes it look better. Do you think you'll fade this one like you did the max caddy one? I'm thinking hydrogen peroxide so I don't risk it getting a yellow tint.

Hmm. Well let's hope that fading it makes it look better. Do you think you'll fade this one like you did the max caddy one? I'm thinking hydrogen peroxide so I don't risk it getting a yellow tint.
I don’t think I’ll do any chemical fading on this. Just a couple washes and otherwise let it fade naturally by wearing it as a normal jacket.

I don’t think I’ll do any chemical fading on this. Just a couple washes and otherwise let it fade naturally by wearing it as a normal jacket.
Gotcha. I will see how it feels on me when I get it and decide if I want to wear it normally or keep it stored most of the time. Could you report back if there's any difference after a couple washes?

I received my jacket in the UK today after it was stuck in Tokyo for a few days (not sure what happened there?). But first impressions, HG knocked it out of the park with this one. The fit is very nice (I’m 5”5 and ordered a small) and very akin to the 80s oversized bomber style with a high waist. The denim feels very similar to the weight of some of the ‘86 Guess jackets I’ve had the chance to see over the years, with the blue being spot on to them. Sure the grey part of the jacket is darker grey in dark lighting but Lighter than The Hundreds jacket IMO. I’d say it’s akin to the colour seen in the opening scene of BTTF in Doc’s garage.

I think this jacket will fade nicely with everyday wear or one or two washes. Like TheNickFox I wouldn’t risk chemical fading with this jacket for this reason, plus you run the risk of tinting it or completely washing out the grey to result in white (knowing this section of the jacket is black ox denim, I think white would be the final colour stage and not blue?).

Overall I love this jacket, if you can still buy it and are holding off, I’d definitely recommend it. The improvements are more than welcomed and I think I can finally say that this is THE ONE (unless of course I hit the jackpot with an original jacket on eBay or Magnoli comes out with a jacket that is a direct copy of the OG Guess jacket ).

I received my jacket in the UK today after it was stuck in Tokyo for a few days (not sure what happened there?). But first impressions, HG knocked it out of the park with this one. The fit is very nice (I’m 5”5 and ordered a small) and very akin to the 80s oversized bomber style with a high waist. The denim feels very similar to the weight of some of the ‘86 Guess jackets I’ve had the chance to see over the years, with the blue being spot on to them. Sure the grey part of the jacket is darker grey in dark lighting but Lighter than The Hundreds jacket IMO. I’d say it’s akin to the colour seen in the opening scene of BTTF in Doc’s garage.

I think this jacket will fade nicely with everyday wear or one or two washes. Like TheNickFox I wouldn’t risk chemical fading with this jacket for this reason, plus you run the risk of tinting it or completely washing out the grey to result in white (knowing this section of the jacket is black ox denim, I think white would be the final colour stage and not blue?).

Overall I love this jacket, if you can still buy it and are holding off, I’d definitely recommend it. The improvements are more than welcomed and I think I can finally say that this is THE ONE (unless of course I hit the jackpot with an original jacket on eBay or Magnoli comes out with a jacket that is a direct copy of the OG Guess jacket ).
Maybe you can take some pictures , like in the bright sunny day outside, normal light outside.. normal light inside? I would love to compare it with a few scenes that i will screenshot or promotional photographs... Doc Lab first scene, Pinhead audition, Marty and Jen walking, and Marty when he arrived in his house at dusk (this is the darkest scene).

Maybe you can take some pictures , like in the bright sunny day outside, normal light outside.. normal light inside? I would love to compare it with a few scenes that i will screenshot or promotional photographs... Doc Lab first scene, Pinhead audition, Marty and Jen walking, and Marty when he arrived in his house at dusk (this is the darkest scene).
Although you did make me laugh when you said "bright sunny day" and the fact I live in the UK and it's winter XD...yes of course, I will try to get some pictures up of the jacket in different lighting so someone can compare against screenshots from different scenes.

Edit: Here’s a picture I took in my lounge last night that has what I would describe as ‘warm lighting’. Kind of reminscient of the 55 night time scenes indoors I guess?

Attachments

• 90430018-5E05-49C8-A502-89616A957DDC.jpeg
    90430018-5E05-49C8-A502-89616A957DDC.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Although you did make me laugh when you said "bright sunny day" and the fact I live in the UK and it's winter XD...yes of course, I will try to get some pictures up of the jacket in different lighting so someone can compare against screenshots from different scenes.

Edit: Here’s a picture I took in my lounge last night that has what I would describe as ‘warm lighting’. Kind of reminscient of the 55 night time scenes indoors I guess?
Haha..never knew where you live before! I think the grey looks mighty fine here although i still think the blue should be deeper...you know, more opaque?

The specific scene that you mention: when he is in Doc's house where he said jiggowatt or when he was about to go back in time with DeLorean scene?

Haha..never knew where you live before! I think the grey looks mighty fine here although i still think the blue should be deeper...you know, more opaque?

The specific scene that you mention: when he is in Doc's house where he said jiggowatt or when he was about to go back in time with DeLorean scene?
No worries, I wish we had bright sunny days at the moment haha! Apologies, I meant 85 night time indoor scenes..specifically this one

But also the scene in 55 round the Baines family table, it’s not too far off from that or the scene following that where he meets 55 Doc for the first time.

I agree, the blue could be a little more opaque which is one thing the hundreds jacket got closer with. But the HG not too far off, just slightly more faded which is why I’m a bit nervous to wash the jacket much

No worries, I wish we had bright sunny days at the moment haha! Apologies, I meant 85 night time indoor scenes..specifically this one

But also the scene in 55 round the Baines family table, it’s not too far off from that or the scene following that where he meets 55 Doc for the first time.

I agree, the blue could be a little more opaque which is one thing the hundreds jacket got closer with. But the HG not too far off, just slightly more faded which is why I’m a bit nervous to wash the jacket much
Yes, this is what i meant, where the grey may look different from time to time depends on where we are at the moment, the fundamental thing is still, between the two color, the blue one needs to always dominating. I guess if they just use the same blue like the 2018, we can all call it a day i guess. It's a strong deeper blue and stay the same even with all the wash thing.

Got mine today. Size L. I'm pretty happy with it. But I think it is not the ultimate replica yet. The ideal would be a mix between the 2018 and the 2021 versions. IMO.
Here are the main differences compared to the previous model (2018). I'm not well versed in fashion lingo, so please bear with me lol:

The sizes became larger. For example, the L is similar to the 2018 XL. So if you own the previous model, order one size smaller.

The fabric pattern lines are placed vertically.

The cons:
The grey parts are darker.
The blue parts are lighter.

The front pockets are shaped square (instead of rectangular)

The pros:
The denim seems to be a bit thicker.
There is an added layer to the front pockets.
The sleeves are longer and wider.
The collar circumference is shorter.
The metal snap buttons have a tiny rounded dent on the center.

Here are some comparison pictures. I'll try later under different light conditions.

Attachments

• Polish_20211215_005541511.jpg
    Polish_20211215_005541511.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 270
  • Polish_20211215_005630536.jpg
    Polish_20211215_005630536.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 273
  • Polish_20211215_005720971.jpg
    Polish_20211215_005720971.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 215
  • Polish_20211215_005923817.jpg
    Polish_20211215_005923817.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 238
  • Polish_20211215_010006460.jpg
    Polish_20211215_010006460.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 293
I received mine today as well. Fits much better than my 2018 jacket. Just threw it in the wash so see if there's any noticeable difference in color. It does bother me how dark it is.

I received mine today as well. Fits much better than my 2018 jacket. Just threw it in the wash so see if there's any noticeable difference in color. It does bother me how dark it is.
I'm thinking about doing the same. Please let us know how it looks after washing.

I'm thinking about doing the same. Please let us know how it looks after washing.
For sure. My prediction is that there will be little change since it's dyed denim and dye doesn't fade from just one wash. Ill be getting some hydrogen peroxide and a spray bottle soon to do some real fading soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back